Pe64p

CC3D board acting up
« on: February 10, 2018, 05:38:24 pm »
I have had a CC3D board in a 250 quad that  I built 3 or 4 years ago was working when I put it away a year ago
so decided to fly her again
my old GCS was the open Pilot so upgraded that to Libre Pilot at first everything checked out and was getting ready to set up the flight controls (TX)  they Horizon and heading was working and all that and then found out that the RX had shot craps   so got a new one bound it up and was getting to finish setting it up
now the Board will not respond   tried the rescue mode   Tried pushing the button then connecting it   it says its loading firmware and the light flashes fast   then I get a timed out message
look up every possible thing I can find and tried but no go
did the board Die on me ??   should I get a new one of these or get some other style or Brand?  I don't race Don't FPV yet but would like to do that 

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: CC3D board acting up
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 07:36:48 pm »
Looks like your board works fine, fast blinking leds is related to gyro initialization.
You should try another USB cable and double check if USB socket is fine in your board.

Pe64p

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 08:15:11 pm »
thanks yes the lights blink like they should
will try another cable   i have tried 3 different Ports on the computer so that is not it but will try the cable should have another one around here somewere :)

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 11:50:46 pm »
Could it be that it needs the new version of bootloader?

Pe64p

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 07:07:19 pm »
 its on Boot loader Ver 4   isn't that the latest on ? 
now I even bought a NEW CC3D board and its acting the same way
I loaded an older version 15.09 I think and it shows up afterwards  but you cant get past that first area on EITHER BOARD if you hit Rescue it shows the board and there is a "blue I" over on the side and it shows the Version after upgrading back to 16.09   but it times out and that's as far as it goes   cant make it do anything else
it says something about   "Time out load manually"  but I have not been able to figure out how to do that
my computer is a Windows 10 and I keep it updated   right now I'm updateing my Laptop and going to try that
I'm stumped   might have to go to another Board design if I cant make this work

Help

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 07:48:56 pm »
If when connecting the board after hit the Rescue button (or Upgrade&Erase button) do nothing and finally show a timed out (whatever the bootloader version in this case), you may have a issue with USB cable.

Pe64p

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 09:29:13 pm »
have 2 cables and they both do the same thing   that was my first thought 
it loads up the latest firmware but then times out

looking for another cable and even firing up and updateing my laptop to try
I'm Stumped

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 10:19:34 pm »
Try a different computer if just for a test.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling LP.

Pe64p

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 02:34:05 pm »
Up date  on this issue   fired up my old Laptop  it is Windows 10   had to install all the updates but finally got it up and running stable   Installed Libre Pilot  and plugged in the NEW Board  and Hit upgrade and it took off did more things than what my Desktop but then when it was trying to reboot  everything just Froze Stopped what ever could not log out shut down anything had to push the button on the computer  to shut everything down and start over.  Tried doing the Rescue thing.  it would identify the board but could not get it to do anything else   SO
Drug out the old Board installed it and fired it up did the upgrade and remove and it just took off everything works got it all set up and the Transmitter is talking to it and its Responding now I get to clean it all up and wire tie everything in place and I'm ready
Now there is one thing I notice   My Desktop system kept coming up with a message that it could not recognize this USB device   and the Lap top said it did Recognize it and the light bar down in the bottom had several lights lit up on the RX side NOW
I would like to use my Desktop just because its handier   Question Do I have to get some USB Drivers to load on it so it recognizes the board   both systems are Windows 10 and I keep them updated   What can I do ????
Next I would like to try FPV any suggestions for a Low budget items just to try it out   NO RACING   IM old my SPEED DAYs are over
Thanks for everyone's Help

Pe64p

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 03:17:21 pm »
found the issue   Had to Delete the one Composite USB port and reinstall it   now it all works
IM a HAPPY CAMPER  :)
Now I need on converting this to an inexpensive FPV  want to try it out  cause I lost Sight in One eye after having a stroke last year    Need to be on the Cheap side and might need help hooking it all up in this 250 frame
again Thanks everyone for your help
now on to FPV

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 06:44:41 pm »
FPV can be pretty easy.

Airborne:
- AIO (all in one) with camera, transmitter, and antenna can be as cheap as $25

For display:
- very cheap FPV goggles can be about $45 but beware that all inexpensive FPV goggles require you to wear reading glasses if you are not near sighted.  That includes the ones that have an adjustment for this.
- or a $8 video to USB adapter that you use with your laptop screen (must buy an FPV receiver in addition to this)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 07:06:37 am by TheOtherCliff »