trike_flyer

• If it was easy we wouldn't do it!!
Adapter connection board
« on: December 29, 2017, 08:36:16 pm »
Hello All

After leaving my quad sitting for a while the osd seems to have gone stupid and lost its settings.  Because of this I need to reconnect to it and flash it again with hopes it goes back to the way it is suppose to be. The problem is I need to be able to connect to it, preferred is to not desolder the cable from it.

Does anyone know of an adapter board for your breadboard that has the jst-sh 4 like the cc3d atom has?  I would even go for a suggestion  of an easy to use pcb software that has the pad layout for it in it so I could make the board.  Would even go for a pdf file of the adapter board if that is easyer. 

Thanks

TF

Re: Adapter connection board
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 01:15:32 am »
Assuming it is the OSD board that has the problem...

You didn't mention what firmware your OSD was running, MWOSD or MinOpOsd.

I have made a cable with the proper sex of connector to mate to the standard JST-XH cable on one end and has the correct connector to connect to a standard FTDI (USB to serial) adapter on the other end.  The problem is that you really need 5 wires to flash the typical OSD.  This page has info.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/91947115/MWOSD+Setup

trike_flyer

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 03:45:24 am »
I think you may be right about the 5 wire connection. I used just the 4 main wires. Will have to catch the extra wire when I flash it this time but still need a way to use the current connector.  Have been flying line of site for testing so far and not looking in the googles.

TF

trike_flyer

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 05:16:35 am »
Hello All

Found a software. I used express pcb. It did have the standard inline and was able to make a pad to mount the jst-sh. I then printed the board and followed the standard way to make a pcb from there. I used the cheap muriatic acid and peroxide etch that worked great.

I now have the adapter board I need to flash the osd or gps to make changes. If you need one, I can send you the board layout from express to use with your breadboard or female jumpers.

TF