No, it is an OpenPiolot Revolution !

gunnah

Re: REVO Clone
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 05:10:57 am »
it does everything(tm)

cato

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 01:43:31 pm »
Well, to me it looks like a revo with upright pins. Maybe finally a source to buy a revo ? ;)

Unfortunately a US store, so I would pay tons of customs if I order some electronics there ... They also have the oplink modem, but unfortunately not the GPS V9. Maybe some US friend can do a test buy and tell us about the quality of the board?

Edit: did a bit research: cheap chinese reseller, selling defective hardware. Don't try to buy there :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:37:49 pm by cato »
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 07:32:37 pm »
A friend who wants a Revo is buying one and I will check it out for him.  I will let you guys know if it actually ships, if it is a good Revo (or not).

Anybody else ordered one?

I can understand why the mini racer guys like the Nano better, but I also prefer the built in OPLink and better CPU in the Revo.  If you are thinking about having a lot of electronics connected, like OPLink RC, Telemetry, OSD, GPS, you need the freed up ports you get with the integrated OPLink of the Revo.  :)

Now Sparky2 would really be nice too!

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 07:41:49 pm »

A friend who wants a Revo is buying one and I will check it out for him.  I will let you guys know if it actually ships, if it is a good Revo (or not).

Anybody else ordered one?

I can understand why the mini racer guys like the Nano better, but I also prefer the built in OPLink and better CPU in the Revo.  If you are thinking about having a lot of electronics connected, like OPLink RC, Telemetry, OSD, GPS, you need the freed up ports you get with the integrated OPLink of the Revo.  :)

Now Sparky2 would really be nice too!
I agree.
And yes, Sparky2 would be nice.

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 07:10:56 pm »
It arrived about 2 weeks ago.  It took 9 days with the added HongKongPost (+$3) shipping.

Revo came with very recent firmware (I forget, may even have been 1505).  I tested everything I could (sensors, telemetry) and it all worked fine.  Has not been flown yet though, I need to go to friend's house and help him install it.

He got the version that came with a separate OPLink, and that works fine also.

Both boards are exactly as pictured.  They are white.  The Revo has the vertical RF connector like the KickStarter version of Revo had.  The cables are exactly as pictured.  Each individual wire has a servo style 1x1 connector on it (where the normal servo connector is 1x3).  This set came with two of the standard wire dipole antennas.

I looked over both boards with a jeweler's loupe and I found one capacitor on the OPLink (actually on the RFM22B sub-board) that had shifted while the solder was cooling.  It works as it is with no problems, but I will resolder it.

lucas

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 06:15:47 am »
Which do you think is a better board.  Revo or Sparky2? 

m_thread

• GCS is my home
    • LibrePilot
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 07:52:21 am »
Hi

Sorry for breaking in. Looking at the specifications I would say that the Sparky2 board is an evolution of the Revolution board. The Sparky2 got a newer sensor chip and it got more I/O including CAN bus support. Other than that the boards are pretty identical specification wise. The form factor is about the same and they both have the same RFM22b 433MHz radio module for telemetry and control. There are certainly more differences. But I think the ones mentioned are the main ones.

LibrePilot aims to add support for the Sparky2 board. When this is going to be complete I cant answer because I don't know at this point. For now LibrePilot supports the Revolution board though. But as stated before, we aim to add more hardware as the project progresses.

Cheers
/Fredrik

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 05:52:05 am »
As I reported a while back, I am helping a friend with his first quad and he got one of these.

There were a total of 2 soldering issues.  One on each board (Revo and OPLink).

The Revo had a solder bridge on the MainPort filter chip that kept the MainPort from working at all.  I fixed it and it works now.  He is using MainPort with a $14 eBay GPS.  Using the on board (Revo) mags.  Calibrated mags with USB (not recommended) and it works fine.  Flying in VelocityRoam so he can fly!  :)

The OpLink had a capacitor that looks like it became disconnected during a soldering operation.  It worked the way it was, but I resoldered the capacitor and it still works.

Both boards have been flight tested now and they fly fine.

I added a review on ThanksBuyer.com, 3/5 stars because of the two solder issues.  The review has not cleared moderation yet.  I wouldn't bet on it ever being posted.

I would buy one if I needed one, given the price drop ($50 for the Revo only, $66 for the Revo+OpLink, shipped) and the fact that they were repairable by me.  Buy them with PayPal and if they don't work, you can get your money back.

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 04:22:29 am »
Was checking out that site and I don't see any reviews on any of the FC's listed so I would guess yours will never be posted.

I need the Oplinks so I may give these a try?

MickD

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 02:07:23 am »
Any more info on this Revo?  Just wondering if it is working ok or if there are any issues.

cato

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2015, 09:28:52 am »
There is even a kinda Revo Set on that site.As  the original hardware is not available for months, and I don't want to change to another system, I'll go with that set for my next build. Has to wait a bit yet, as I just lost two cameras, which put a bit a hole in my hobby budget :)

Here's the set: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/OpenPilot-CC3D-Revolution-Flight-Controller-REVO-NEO-7N-GPS-Power-Distribution-Board-Combo-for-FPV-Multicopter/32452188912.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.2.I9hmT9&ws_ab_test=201407_4,201444_6,201409_4
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 09:38:04 am by cato »
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2015, 10:25:13 am »
There is even a kinda Revo Set on that site.As  the original hardware is not available for months, and I don't want to change to another system, I'll go with that set for my next build. Has to wait a bit yet, as I just lost two cameras, which put a bit a hole in my hobby budget :)

Here's the set: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/OpenPilot-CC3D-Revolution-Flight-Controller-REVO-NEO-7N-GPS-Power-Distribution-Board-Combo-for-FPV-Multicopter/32452188912.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.2.I9hmT9&ws_ab_test=201407_4,201444_6,201409_4

Hmmm... There is no OPLM in this set...
Seller is OK, BTW :) Bought 500mW 433 MHz APM Telemetry kit from him, it was relatively fast shipping (about 20 days to Yekaterinburg through Moscow).