mr_w

• LibrePilot
Re: LOCKED IN FEEL
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 07:56:47 pm »
Cliff,

Consider that you need maximum rate around 1000 in order to fly modern, attractive freestyle. This is no-go without "expo" of some sort. I guess even TX side expo would work, if the curve is actually ok. The one that we have in LP is not usable at any setting. Period.

Betaflight has also expo, but today nobody uses it, as they have another thing - SuperRate (not SuperExpo @Mateusz!), and it does the different thing - it does not modify RC input like expo does it to make center flatter. No, it starts from rate settings around 200 (or 180) that is effective at stick center, but then *expands* the maximum rate using neatly looking function as the stick deflection increases.

I fly this superrate function with LP for quite some time, and have done tests on other people's copters and it was always "wow this is awesome" factor, even though they weren't aware of the changes in firmware I did (well at least not until they completed the test).

This also seems to be one of the key points why stock betaflight flies better (it does) and with less configuration that LP can do. BF has this feature turned on by default, and default factor (70 or 75 can't remember right now) makes resulting rate at max stick deflection around 800. That makes for really, really good handling.

ernstock

Re: LOCKED IN FEEL
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 09:07:58 pm »
Let’s not forget acro+ factor in LP
?