raspberry pi control CC3D
« on: November 03, 2017, 04:02:25 pm »
Hi guys,

I am doing a project of using gesture to control a drone. I am planning to implement a raspberry pi as a companion onboard computer and do the gesture readings on raspi.
The problem is that how can I send commands to CC3D flight control with LibrePilot firmware? For example, if I want to send row, pitch and yaw angle to the drone?

Thank you

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: raspberry pi control CC3D
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 04:10:38 pm »

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 02:11:41 am »
Be aware that CC3D does not have GPS.  That means that it will always drift even without wind, and with wind, it will drift with the wind like smoke does.  This means that the commands you give will have to counteract the drift and wind.

It might be better to start with a GPS flight mode that counteracts the drift and holds it in one place till commanded to move.

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 09:54:34 pm »

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 09:56:26 pm »
I'll fly mostly indoor so GPS is not a priority. But thank you for letting me know!
Be aware that CC3D does not have GPS.  That means that it will always drift even without wind, and with wind, it will drift with the wind like smoke does.  This means that the commands you give will have to counteract the drift and wind.

It might be better to start with a GPS flight mode that counteracts the drift and holds it in one place till commanded to move.