CC3D board unable to connect to PC !!
« on: September 23, 2017, 09:52:00 pm »
Whenever i connect my cc3d board, the blue light remains static and orange light blinks slowly.
Can anyone tell me the problem and its solution too ?
I had tried many drivers but no driver worked

utoedter

• Frickeln und mehr
Re: CC3D board unable to connect to PC !!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 09:54:53 pm »
That shows the board is running. I would search for USB problems. Does it show up in the device manager?

Rettet den Luftraum, esst mehr Vögel.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 10:29:30 pm »
Drivers are not needed for a CC3D.

If you see a fading led blinking you may need to do a firmware update.

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 11:05:02 pm »
I have the same problem with a new CC3D. 
I have tried the GCS Firmware tab clicking "Upgrade & Erase" button then connect CC3D. No good. Got timeout error and no communications.
How do I manually "upgrade the board"?
I agree it seems like the board is working, just not communicating.

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 04:13:14 am »
Is the LED fading on and off?  If so there is a boot loader and you should do manual rescue.

If not, there is no bootloader and you will need to do one of the procedures to install a bootloader.

memz180

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 09:49:35 pm »
Ive run into a similar issue with...

I cant seem to get it connected to Libre Pilot, There is only one solid blue light on all the time when connected.

I have since tried to upgrade the board, rescue the board, erase and update. The 'composite drivers' dont show up on the device manager.

When external power is connected to the board via an ESC, i get USB not recognized 'error 43'. The boot loader version is 4 and it will communicate with LP only for flashing and upgrading, but when loading it times out.

I dont see any other lights blinking other than the solid blue light, when upgrading the board only i see orange link blinking.

gbison

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 02:53:52 am »
I just had this issue with a board I received today.

I installed the latest liberpilot version (board disconnected), went straight to firmware, hit upgrade and erase - once the timer starts I connected the board, it immediately attached to the board and installed the latest firmware, cleaned up settings and rebooted the board.  It was only after this did my board begin to respond to the PC and the telemetry would turn on.  Now it works good!

memz180

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 11:57:44 am »
If only mine did this. I tried every possible way and failed. I will have to try the st-link option next I'm not convinced that the bootloader has been installed correctly from factory. This is extremely annoying.

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 06:20:46 pm »
LED should fade on and off for a couple seconds when you first connect power via USB.  If it does not fade on and off, then it does not have a working bootloader (or has a circuit error).  Installing a bootloader when there is not already one there cannot be done from GCS.

To make sure, you don't have any metal mounting hardware touching the CC3D and the CC3D does not touch carbon fibre anywhere, correct?

It is slight pain for Revo because it requires special software but uses the Revo USB connection.

It is a double pain for CC3D because USB cannot be used.  You need an FTDI (USB to serial converter) and special software.  Some clones are known to have come without a bootloader.

See other post for a possible quick fix.
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=1384.msg27112#msg27112
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 06:31:31 pm by TheOtherCliff »