f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: arming - save conditions
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 03:27:16 pm »
I do not understand crying? What do you mean?
http://allwomenstalk.com/12-netiquette-rules-to-remember/2/

If there is a red cross there is something wrong. It should be confirmed by green sign?!
I only want to know what must be the setting around to save Arming with green sighn.

The red cross maybe appears because is triggered just after the setting "Always Armed" is saved and generally it do not allow any saving while the board is armed.
But whats the goal : Is the setting "Always Armed" finally saved ? In my case the answer is yes.
I asked for some more info in previous post.

Easy question?

Well the answer for red cross is into the code (ground side), i don't know all code base... sorry for that.

Laurent

sky59

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2015, 10:39:24 pm »
OK, you mean shouting not crying :)
No, I am not writing shouting, but abbreviations are normally in capital letters

If it is a big problem the engine can convert all Capitals to Small letters and no problem :) /artificial problem/

The main point: yes i want answer from programmers about SAVE problem

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2015, 12:07:55 am »
Except the Red cross that cause trouble to you, please can you answer some of my previous questions ?

Whats the arming status after you saved and reboot ?
Post your UAV setting file here.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2015, 02:01:15 am »
Assuming:
- when board is armed nothing can be saved and a red cross is displayed.
- the arming state can be done only if Throttle is low (<0)

Three cases:

Board is powered and receiver is active
If you save the "AlwaysArmed" setting while your throttle (RcRadio) is above neutral (positive value), the setting is saved without a red cross because the Armed status still to "Disarmed".
Since the Throttle is above zero, board still disarmed and you can still save setting you want. If you move Throttle bellow neutral (<0), the Armed status go to "Armed"

If you save the "AlwaysArmed" setting while your Throttle is bellow neutral (negative value), the AlwaysArmed setting is saved and just after the board go instantly in "Armed" state and next the status go to OBJECTPERSISTENCE_OPERATION_ERROR: Red cross is displayed.

Board is powered with USB only, or RcInput is not configured

Board is in Failsafe state because Input is wrong (no input signal) and failsafe values are applied, where the default Throttle level is -1.
Board go instantly in "Armed" state and Red cross is displayed, same as above.

Hope this helps.

sky59

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2015, 05:21:42 pm »
I do not know, I have found magic sequence how to write it without red cross, but I would like to know the WHOLE :) truth, is it deliberatly like this to prevent people from using software or any other reason? just some poeple to know......?

edit: surprisingly previous message appeared after i sent mine

YES i confirm, everythi g is like that

originally i always had throttle logically down (-1), so always red cross
now i put throttle to +0.02 and it works, i read value in data tab, so it works then
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 05:28:53 pm by sky59 »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2015, 05:37:36 pm »
In any case the setting you want to save is saved, red cross or not.

If you want to learn more, search for armhandler.c and systemmod.c in codebase.

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2015, 07:38:06 pm »
The one thing to know is that it will not let you save any setting if it is armed.  This is for safety.

If you use "always armed" you must set to "always disarmed" before making changes.  If arming is done with sticks, you must disarm first.

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 04:40:05 pm »
I avoid most of the arming / saving troubles with:  armed with throttle zero (TH switch) and "pitch aft" on my helis.

I arm and set the gyros with heli on level ground and I am not wiggling it. I can work all the controls without arm. And it is a good anti someone-else-flying-my-bird device. I dis-arm with throttle off and pitch forward. 

I believe "always disarmed" is worthless and "always armed" dangerous.  Why isn't something else default?
Happy Landings!

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2016, 10:58:17 pm »
A simple partial answer is that always disarmed is useless by design to make you decide and select the value that you want, including safety issues.  :)

If it had another default, someone would get hurt, blame LP, and cause bad publicity.  :(

Helis and powered fixed wing (powered gliders in particular) have good reasons to use zero throttle with full "some other control" and thus are a problem that requires an RC Tx switch to do it really right.

Helis in particular are something that needs time from a devoted dev and FTT.  I've even got a 400 size CP heli that I threaten to get out and fit with a Revo when this issue comes up, but my plate is full of stuff that I prioritize higher than that and I must realize that it will fall off the end of my list for a long time.  :)

cato

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2016, 11:09:14 am »
Maybe time to ask people who can help developping that stuff?

I would love to do, but like cliff, my schedule is already stuffed and I am happy to do the testing, an dreaming of doing some dev work some day, again :)
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS