HELP with Racer 250
« on: August 28, 2017, 08:24:55 pm »
Okay guys I need help. I have watched every YouTube video read comments on those videos till I am blue in the face. I have been flying the Racer 250 for a few days. At first it was just out in the yard hovering and pitching forward and backward, banking left and right, yawing and working the throttle. I downloaded LibrePilot and upgraded and erased. Done everything like the Wizard said. I also did the mod and relocated the vtx to the bottom and also rotated the cc3d board 90 degrees to the right. Took it out on Friday and flew around, punched it and tried a flip. The flip didn't turn out to well, crashed, but checked everything, picked up the cap on the mushroom vtx antenna and put it back on and the battery alarm. Flew around some more until I got the low bat alarm.

Now on Sunday, I took down to my mother in laws to show my brother in law and tried to fly it there. Now all it wants to do when you throttle up is flip forward. Every time I try to take off, it flips forward, not sideways or backwards but forward. So Sunday I ran LibrePilot again, upgrade and erase, went thru all the steps again and still it wants to flip forward. I have check the rotation of the motors, checked the props, all of this multiple times to make sure everything was right. STILL flips forward. Just went home for lunch and ran LibrePilot again and still flip forward.

I am at a loss!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Mateusz

Re: HELP with Racer 250
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 08:53:07 pm »
  • Your flight controller must point with arrow forward, towards 1,2 front motors
  • If you rotated your FC, you can adjust board rotation in GCS
  • Your motors must be numbered/connected like it shows in wizard
  • Motors must spin inwards like CW, CCW, CW, CCW
  • Propellers with R must be on CW motors, and none R on CCW

Check all this and cables, that you mistakenly didnt' swap some of them. Hope that gives you a clue to find the cause.

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 09:11:38 pm »
Thanks for the steps.

My arrow points to the right, between motors 2,3 side motors, and I have made the adjustment in the GCS.
Motors are /numbered/connected like it shows in the wizard, and spin 1=CW, 2=CCW, 3=CC, 4=CCW.
Props that came with Racer 250 does not have the "R" mark on them, but have directional arrows close to the center hole showing which direction they must spin.

All of this has been checked and rechecked several times. 

No cables were removed from the FC board at all when programming with LibrePilot nor when the FC was rotated.

I am not sure what to do.  It seems as though the rear motors, 3, 4 are spinning faster on throttle up than the front motors, 1, 2.

Thanks again.

Mateusz

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 09:31:00 pm »
Check that all motors use the same speed ESC protocol maybe ? Did you set neutral point for each motor separately after calibrating ESCs ? What kind of motors/esc are these ?
Are you sure your rotation in GCS is set correctly ? How about moving FC back so it points 1,2 motors and zeroing board rotation just to check ?

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 03:18:51 am »
These are the stock ESC's and motors that come on the Eachine Racer 250, motors are 2204-2300kv and all I know about the ESC's are 12a.  Yes, set the neutral on the ESC's, they all were set to 1050.  Yes rotation of the FC is correct.  May try putting it back to original location and see it that makes a difference.

Thanks.

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 01:05:58 am »
Okay, I checked everything 2 times, 3 times and 4 times and finally after still not being able to get off the ground, I took the Racer apart.  Took the cc3d board and rotated it back to its original configuration.  Got into the LibrePilot and reset back to "0"!  Hooked up the cc3d to the program, ran wizard and started from scratch again.  Up and flying now!!!

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 01:54:20 am »
First save what you have with File->ExportUAV...

At this point you can rotate the board 90 degrees and follow CC3D Attitude wiki instructions for RotateVirtual for rotating board and it will still fly the same as it does now.

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 01:59:49 am »
Thanks.  I will give that a try. 

Can you suggest some good flight modes?  I have flight modes on a 3 position switch, but I left them as they installed from the Eachine Racer 250 setup that was in the Wizard when I ran Wizard to setup again.

Thanks for all the help so far!

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 06:38:31 am »
Basically you want to fly a single mode until you can answer that question yourself.  R,P,Y=Attitude,Attitude,AxisLock

Then it depends on what you want to do.  Rattitude is Attitude that allows flips.  I think most FPVers or stunt fliers wind up flying Rate or Acro+.  Rate Trainer or Weak Leveling are good for learning Rate type modes.  Some of these may not be available on CC3D?

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 02:33:46 pm »
Basically you want to fly a single mode until you can answer that question yourself.  R,P,Y=Attitude,Attitude,AxisLock

Then it depends on what you want to do.  Rattitude is Attitude that allows flips.  I think most FPVers or stunt fliers wind up flying Rate or Acro+.  Rate Trainer or Weak Leveling are good for learning Rate type modes.  Some of these may not be available on CC3D?

Thanks again.  Right now I am setup up as follows:  1. Switch up = Attitude, Attitude, AxisLock  2. Switch middle = Attitude, Attitude, Rate and 3. Switch down = Rate, Rate, Rate.

I have been told to use Rattitude, Rattitude, AxisLock for normal (switch up) flying so I will be able to do flips and rolls.  I have also been told to setup it up in Acro+, but all this is greek to me.  And after this issue I had I am almost afraid to do anything to any settings now.  I have no one around me that flies racing quads, a good friend who actually got me interested in racing quads lives 250+ miles away.  Of course his quad has a NAZE32 FC and he is using Cleanflight, so he couldn't help me when I asked him about my issue.  That is why I came here.

Again thank you for all your help and suggestions.