Re: Revo Nano and GPS
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2017, 02:47:37 am »
After I went through the calibration, the ESC's act as if they have no signal from the Rx.  Just like if the Tx is off.  They just beep and nothing.

When I try to do it again, I click "test out puts"  I have an error message " The Actuator module is in error state.  This can occur because there are no inputs, please fix these before testing outputs."

Only way to get this to see the ESC's or to get the ESC's to arm is go through the wizard.

With the wizard I can finish and the FC/ESC's will arm and I can fly.  Doing the combined calibration, the ESC's will not arm.  Could this be due to shall we say very low budget ESC's?  I think they are Sunny Sky 30 am ESC's.

I am going to build a cheap dollar store foam plane this weekend and mount my other Revo Nano on it and see what I can get done.  May ask questions that will make you laugh.

Thanks.

Buzz.

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2017, 04:47:12 am »
It is all about timing.  Starting with outputs high, as soon as you plug the battery in and the ESCs all finish their first tune, you jump them all to low (MUST be all at once with "linked").  Sometimes the ESCs start at different times.  You kind of need to wait till the last one finishes the first tune.

So is it working for you now?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 05:00:32 am by TheOtherCliff »

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2017, 04:31:49 pm »
The ESC do the three count for number of cells, there is 12 seconds before they go into the program mode.  So I do have plenty of time sort of.  I wait for a four ESC, #3 is about 1/2 a second behind.  Hit home to make all go to low setting.  As it is written, it appears to go well.  Until I unplug and try to reboot.  Then it seems the ESC's never get a signal from the Rx to arm. When I try to go back in, I get the error message and the only way to clear that is to go through the wizard

I will try some more Friday night.  As I will not have time tonight.  I wont be home until late.

Thanks.

Buzz.

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2017, 03:23:22 am »
ESC calibration and any error message are unrelated.

The FC does not know how / if the ESCs are calibrated.  Any error message you get is NOT related to ESC calibration.

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2017, 04:09:19 am »
I tried and tried.  It all seemed to work, beeps at the right time, responded to the sliders, appeared to be good to go,  until I unplugged the FC from the cable.  No matter how I tried, it ended up that the ESC would not arm.  I waited longer, a was right on the end of the tail end of the beep.  Each time, I could not do it a second time as I would get the error.  So I had to go through the wizard until the point you plug in power to the esc.  I did not have to have the battery plugged in, I just had to select all 3 boxes, click start.  Then I could try to calibrate again.

I had a successful flight tonight.  I just went through the wizard step by step.  I just clicked the box that said to do all 4 at once.  Now they are all at 1060.  It "feels" even, left, right, forward, backward.  Yaw is a little tamer, nit much, I would hazard a guess of 10-15% less sensitive.  It was a little on the touchy side.  So I went in and turn it down a little.  Will test again tomorrow.

When the GPS arrives, I am sure I will have more questions and you will roll your eyes and say. "not this guy again"  :)

Thanks for all the help.

Buzz.

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2017, 04:53:50 am »
:)

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 11:23:40 pm »
Yeah I know Not this guy again  ::) ::)

Well I finally got my GPS unit.  I got it all plugged in and ready to go.  I got something, said it has a GPS and getting data, but big red X and red on the GPS.  Looked at this, looked at that, unplugged tried different port, un plugged tried again, read this and that and still nothing.  I have a nice solid green light.  UGH!!

I was getting frustrated, it can not be this difficult.  I was reading on the setup again, noticed a flashing blue light?  HUH?  Look at the screen, has 4 sats, watching it it has 6, now 8, oh snap it has 10 stats.  I guess it just took it longer to charge up, took about 45 minutes for the blue light to flash.  Inside the house I was able to get 10 sats.  Not bad.

Buzz.

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2017, 07:05:18 pm »
Funny thing happened on the way to the field.  As the old joke starts.

Well I could not get the board to arm.  I had all the correct beeps, lights, everything.  Tried going through the wizard, doing it manually, nothing but nothing.  After a couple of hours at the field I gave up and flew my planes and drove my FPV car.

I got home, tried again and nothing I could do to get the motors to spin.

Swapped the board out with my other one, went through the wizard, radio calibration, set to no throttle and right yaw, 10 seconds. 

Unplugged the USB, plugged in the battery, let it go through the boot, held right yaw 10 seconds and the motors were spinning.

So something is wrong with board #1.  I am going to load an old firmware, then reload the latest and see if I can get it to arm.  Board #2 seems to fly well enough.  I just did a quick hover but it does fly.  Good first step.

Now to figure out if board #1 is dead or just had an issue with programming?

Thanks.

Buzz.