Problem with MinOPOSD configuration
« on: August 12, 2017, 08:06:44 pm »
Controller Revolution. The OSD Crius MAVLink-OSD V2.1 . Configured via FTDI in LibrePilot-16.09.
Firmware file LP_All_From_Revo2810.hex
Character set Charset_1_3_0.m.km
In ConfigTool_MinOPOSD, the panel is configured normally. When you click Save, the display shows the process of saving the panel settings. But after saving, there are a few symbols on the display, and some do not work. I attach screenshots settings and a photo display.
How to solve this problem?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 08:14:49 pm by Alexander 53 »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Problem with MinOPOSD configuration
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 09:15:50 pm »
Maybe you could simply use the latest firmware from here:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/MinOPOSD+setup

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 10:33:22 pm »
I used this very guidance.
Which firmware is the latest?
In the downloaded archive there is only a set of symbols Charset_1_3_0.mcm.
File hex there is not.

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 11:48:21 am »
Installed a new firmware. Nothing changed.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 12:32:41 pm »
If you really use the rel16.09 release the LP_All_From_Revo1110.hex should works.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 01:20:16 pm by f5soh »

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 03:51:19 pm »
Maybe its wires or something on the boards?  I would double check everything that has to do with the osd. Wires have no shortages, make sure there's no solder connecting any circuts that is not supposed to, make sure the wires are connected securely, make sure the wires are connected to the correct port,make sure everything is getting power when only the flight battery is connected, make sure that your viewing device is on the right channel  and just look over anything and everything that is part of the system. There has been so many times  that something isnt working and i freak out over it cuz it doesn't work and out of no where i find something simple that makes me feel stupid cuz it was so simple that i looked over it, in my investigation. Also double check channels because in my video screen that i watch my flight cam i learned the hard way that if im on the wrong channel it takes part of my osd way and everything else is perfect in the video feed. One channel off and it takes away flight time, two channels off and it takes time and battery life aways, three channels off it takes everything away while the video feed is perfectly pure as if i would be flying with everything on  the osd working. Anyways hope that you figure out what's wrong with your osd and get your craft back in action.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 09:47:45 pm »
Data partially displayed in OSD (here GPS and flightmode not updated) has nothing related to electrical / short issue or wrong video channel.

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 09:43:50 am »
I tried again to solve it according to the scheme with six wires. The firmware was installed normally. The Charset were updated normally. Problems remained the same. I think that the reason is in the OSD itself. Most likely the OSD was sent with a fake chip MAX7456. I ordered a new OSD from Germany. I hope that it will be conditioned.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 10:29:23 am »
MAX7456 clones are almost better than originals, less current and heat.

The video i posted uses rel16.09 + LP_All_From_Revo1110.hex, GPS and flightmodes are ok.
The issue you have is the previous firmware (LP_All_From_Revo2810.hex) you mentioned still flashed into the OSD.

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 01:41:38 pm »
I downloaded your link LP_All_From_Revo1110.heh and just requested it.
I also have a release on 16.09. But the adjustment of the panel has remained the same.
I tried to clean, add and drag symbols around the screen. With those symbols that are displayed, it is possible. And symbols that were not displayed earlier did not appear.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 02:46:12 pm »
Save your Revo config: File > Export UAV Settings
Upgrade&Erase the board
Load the config again: File > Import UAVO Settings

Just to be sure all the UAVO update settings will be reset to defaults.