f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: CC3D
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 05:53:59 pm »
Your board is working, or at least the bootloader according to the fading led.

There is a issue with USB communication, can be the cable or other hardware issue into the board.
You can easily check the link between the USB connector and stm32 CPU for a short or a cut in some pcb traces.
Take a look at R11, R13 and R14 and pin32 and pin33 of the CPU

All the hardware files are here : https://github.com/librepilot/LibrePilot/tree/next/hardware/Production/CopterControl%203D

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 08:07:52 pm »
Looks like you have another device (200mw transmitter) plugged in.  It shouldn't be a problem, but you never know with USB negotiating power requirements for the first device and not leaving enough for the second device.

I would try a different PC, booted with a Linux CD/DVD to make it clean, and no other USB devices plugged in (except maybe for keyboard and mouse), and on a separate set of ports with no other USB devices if possible, and using a known working (USB2, not just downgraded to USB1) cable.

I bought a Revo that had a bad USB connector on it.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 09:59:53 pm »
Looks like you have another device (200mw transmitter) plugged in.

Wifi chip, not USB ?

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 10:36:18 pm »
The point is to try on a clean default Linux system with a known good USB cable to see if it is recognized by dmesg and lsusb; if not, then that is a good indication that there is a problem with the FC hardware.

disssid

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2017, 01:53:43 am »
Thank you everyone for the inputs,

1. got a new USB cable, works fine with other devices both power and data wise, still the CC3D doesn't work
2. TheOtherCliff & f5soh guess the WiFi device is connected (its a guess). PFA the screenshot of device messages(dmesg) after a normal system start up, might help you understand better.
3. tried connecting to a different system running Ubuntu and another system running Windows 10, doesn't work on either.

I'm yet to try the schematic pins will try that and let you guys know.

Thanks
Siddharth

disssid

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 04:40:37 pm »
Hello Everyone,

After a long wait and no reply from GearBest, I ordered a new CC3D from

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OZJQ4MK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and from the moment I connect it to my system (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS), it works fine. Upgraded the firmware with the "Upgrade & Erase" and all the functionalities work great. The one I had earlier from GearBest was faulty.

Thank You everyone for all the help.You can close this issue.