Suggestion for who ever in charge
« on: July 12, 2017, 02:50:22 am »
The more I read the fourms. The longer I've been in the hobby, the more posts i see here about people that buy some form of cc3d and they don't read and follow all of the directions to get the fc working, That comes with there eachine whatever. So my idea is to either have a sticky in the fourms or to put something in the how to  section about connecting the bootleg cc3d  to librapilot. Unfortunately people will continue to clutter the board with the same stuff until it no longers in production or you put something in huge letters if you have a cc3d that came with eachine racer or falcon 250 or what ever then fallow this route. Just an idea that I think would benifit  everyone.  I could write something up or take pictures anything to help. I felt like an idiot but it took me two whole days to figure out all I had to do was unplug the damn thing before  clicking the upgrade and erase.

Re: Suggestion for who ever in charge
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 06:37:14 am »
No one is really in charge here, we all donate time to help the cause.

The best person to write something up is someone that has one of these and has gone through the issues.

Assuming it is RTF, I personally think the best thing you can do with your new quad is to start out by using it the way it comes!  If no other reason you should prove that it works as it comes in case there is a defect.

An RTF should be fairly well tuned and flyable right out of the box.  Running into problems you've never seen before when setting one up from scratch could take you longer than you like.

If your new quad isn't RTF and so you will have to do setup anyway, then by all means install LP on it.  LP has a great GCS and wizard to get you through setup as painlessly as possible and a helpful community.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 06:40:53 am by TheOtherCliff »

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 08:46:54 am »
I think Wayne may be referring to my recent request for help. I know it may be tedious for those who are familiar with all this stuff, but for a Newbie who is geriatric, we need all the help we can get.
The problem is really with the lack of info provided by the manufacturers. In my case, the manual for the Eachine 250 stated that the FC was CC3D.  Since nothing seemed to work I posted a photo of the FC. After posting a photo of the FC here, I found that it was a F3 Acro 6DOF STM32F303. Now try finding that in a drop down menu.
That then led to another suggestion that it would be best to flash Betaflight. Another can of worms was opened.
I will probably now wait until I return home form holidays and contact a local FPV club and get some help there.
In the meantime I shall persist with the Youtube guides and forums even though it may be driving people to distraction.
Thanks for all the help so far anyway. And Wayne, I will try and find your other posts on this and see if that helps.

zukenj

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 03:28:19 pm »
Do you know what was the original firmware on the FC?
FS-TH9X RC
F450 Clone
Revolution FC
EMAX 2213 935 KV
HK 30A ESC UBEC running BLHeli 14.4
10x4.5 Propellers
DJI Naza clone Ublox M8N GPS

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 04:23:06 pm »
I could be referring  to you aussie but you are just the tip of the ice berg but like you said there is nothing that  is out there that is concrete if you do this, this will happen. Now don't take this post the wrong way aussiebob its not meant to Bash anyone. My post might have came out wrong but I'm trying to help.  I remember how hard and shitty it was figuring out how it get lp to work on my eachine racer 250 fc. I am trying to get the info out so people don't have to go threw what I went through and about  a person a week with some issue to do with racer or the i6.  The issue with the racer 250 is whe  I got it rtf out the box it flew horrible  I thought I was broke . it wouldn't even  hover correctly it would bounce around and shake. I though it was the biggest waste of money I was so upset with myself for buying it. Now I love it. My favorite rc. It took me at least 48 hours to figure out how to install LP on the cc3d. All it is, is how  you do the steps.  Unplugging the board before the clicking the upgrade.The issue is all the videos and how to articles are for the bnf or the almost ready to fly and or they have already done the initial  hard part or getting it hooked up to LP so when you try it there way it doesn't work.  The only way is to follow the instructions here. So i watched all the youtube and read all the articles and nothing worked it wasnt untill  i looked around this website and followed its instructions very carefuly. I guess what I was originally try to say in my post is that I have one of these and I know what Needs done for them to work so  I will make a how to or something to help anyone who buys one of these things so they don't go threw the same bull as I did.