Trouble connecting
« on: July 06, 2017, 11:52:58 pm »
Trying to flash Libre to my Eachine 250.  Connect with usb, but when i hit the Upload button, it looks like it's loading from the loading bar, but comes up with message that it took me too long to connect. ?????  Any ideas? Thanks

Re: Trouble connecting
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 02:07:55 am »
Edit: If you already have the old matching GCS installed, it would be a good idea to do File -> Export UAV Settings before you do anything else.  The factory settings might come in handy later when you want to tune it better than default settings.  Do the rest of this with the current LP version.

Edit2: Of course it could be a bad cable or a driver issue.

Guessing this is a CC3D.

Use manual/emergency rescue procedure to flash current bootloader.  (Make sure you boot it afterward to let the bootloader updater (bu_*.opfw) run)

Then use manual/emergency rescue procedure to flash current firmware with "Upgrade and Erase".

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Tab

Then run the setup wizard and set it up using default settings as if it were a new model.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 04:47:34 am by TheOtherCliff »

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 07:55:00 am »
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes I'm using CC3D.  Still not responding to anything I try. In attempting Rescue, I still get a times out message, so I am unable to proceed down that track.
Have followed advice of uninstalling and re installing USB composite device instructions.
Still in limbo.
Only other info I can give you is that when USB is connected to CC3D, I have one steady Blue light and a flashing Red light. I note from one of your previous posts in January you talk about using some other procedure using ethernet connection, which I don't have on my laptop.
It's frustrating as I had another Eachine RTF version which I lost. Since I had a TX I just thought ordering a ARF version would be a piece of cake with simple binding. Appreciate any advice you can give.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 08:27:06 am »
Did you use the manual procedure which says to press the button THEN plug in the USB?

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 11:11:01 pm »
No  What button?

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 09:16:46 am »
Have a look at this FC. It is the one in my Racer, but it doesn't seem to have any CC3D marks on it. Maybe I'm trying to connect to wrong FC.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 10:23:41 am »
Right...
this is not a CC3D but is like a Seriously pro F3, except the boot pads and connectors changed.
https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Customized-Version-Racing-F3-Acro-6DOF-Flight-Controller-STM32F303-For-Eachine-Racer-250-p-1060618.html

You should try Betaflight on it.
Current LibrePilot development GCS support F3 boards but there is no GUI hardware pages yet.

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 11:45:23 pm »
Thanks for that

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 12:05:03 am »
I got my racer 250 to connect by doing the manual steps BUT after you down load the file (ofdw orwhat ever its called im workng and dont have time to look everything up properly)to fc unplug it from the computer even though you don't think your done and then press the upgrade button and then finish flashing it... Look around I have explained how to do it a couple times in the forms the past couple months, since I got the eachine racer 250 connected to libre pilot