Problem with discovery buzzer on CC3D + Taranis + sbus
« on: June 24, 2017, 10:25:54 pm »
Hi,

I've setup my discovery buzzer on my quad using this tutorial (https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Add+a+buzzer+to+Multirotor+frame). At first I used my PWM wiring receiver and everything went good, however I decided to change to sbus and after that I am no longer able to get the discovery buzzer working. Is there any trick I must do in order to get the buzzer working with sbus?

My setup:

CC3D
X8R
Taranis

Thanks in advance!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Problem with discovery buzzer on CC3D + Taranis + sbus
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 10:54:58 pm »
Hi,

There is no relation between the input type used and a working/not working buzzer.

Please post your config file: File > Export UAV settings

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 12:23:04 am »
Hey,

Here my config file.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 06:40:46 am »
Is the problem that you simply don't have a PWM place to connect the PWM buzzer now that you are using SBus?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 10:18:19 am »
Your config file looks fine, the mapping between Accessory0 and output5 works here.

Be sure you connected correctly the recovery buzzer to the output 5, close to the Esc outputs.
Double check if the Accessory0 slider is alive in Input tab while you move the switch in your radio.
If you changed your radio profile you may need to update the ch5/switch function.
Redo the transmitter wizard maybe ?

As reported in wiki page, if voltage is too high from the Esc/Ubec the buzzer stop working.

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 02:53:06 pm »
It is correctly connected and the Accessory0 is responding fine while I move the switch in my radio. I think my next step is to check the voltage and see if it is too high for the buzzer.In addition, I did an experiment today, I turned the switch ON in my radio and did do any move, after some time the buzzer started beeping and only stoped when I moved the related switch back off.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 03:01:34 pm by f5soh »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 03:02:59 pm »
Double check how your buzzer should work exactly (read documentation), your config is fine and the output change accordingly to the input.

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 03:18:45 pm »
Double check how your buzzer should work exactly (read documentation), your config is fine and the output change accordingly to the input.

I will check it again. Thanks for you time. :D