Re: PID settings
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 02:01:20 pm »
When I say stop I mean the drone banks backward and stops itself. (so it is hovering in one place or flying backwards)
Is this the battery.
I assumed that stabilized 6 is acro, am I wrong.

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2017, 03:54:59 pm »
How do you increase the roll and pitch speed.(I have an idea how to but I don't want to mess things up)

Are you asking about the banking speed or the banking max angle?  Are you already flying in Rate mode or still using Attitude?

Stabilization -> SettingsBank# -> Advanced
Enable the "use advanced" each time you go to this page.  Adjust:
AttitudeModeResponse to change max angle in Atttude mode
RateModeResponse to change the banking speed (rotation rate) in Rate mode
MaxRateLimit to change the banking speed (rotation rate) in other modes (not Rate) such as Attitude

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 02:29:40 am »
When I say stop I mean the drone banks backward and stops itself. (so it is hovering in one place or flying backwards)
Is this the battery.
I assumed that stabilized 6 is acro, am I wrong.
This is in rate mode. I'm sure that the drone is not supposed to stabilize itself.(And It only does this when I fly forward fast in stabilized 6)
Maybe I can get a video of it doing this.

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 07:45:41 pm »
IIRC:  It usually means that the PIDs need to be tuned.  In particular, the "I" term probably needs to be higher.

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2017, 10:44:52 am »
Today I've been doing a lot of PID tuning by plunging the drone into my laptop editing PIDs  and then flying.
But my problem is the pid settings have to be change drastically to notice any difference.
The only big difference I notice is how the drone reacts.
if I put my pitch and roll P to about 300 the drone reacts fast. If I put it higher or lower it seems to react slower.
I haven't play around with the I and D settings yet.
What is the difference between the rate stabilization and the attitude stabilization.

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2017, 06:20:34 pm »
There are two sets of PIDs.  The first one controls the rotation rate.  The second one uses the first one (rate) to control the bank angle (attitude).

Rate mode uses only the rate (inner) PID.  Attitude mode uses both PIDs.

Many people adjust only the inner PID, even for Attitude mode.

You can see that if the inner PID is bad, then neither Rate mode nor Attitude mode will work.

I often double or halve a value (multiply or divide by 2.0) to get an idea of what it does and whether it is better or worse.  If that is too much, set back to default (or not) and multiply or divide by 1.5.  Tweak by smaller amounts such as by 1.1.  Of course 1.0 does nothing.  Don't bother with numbers smaller than 1.0 since multiplying by 2.0 is the same as dividing by 0.5

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2017, 03:01:50 pm »
Thanks
 I will have to find a day to fly and do more tests. (It's been raining so much I can't fly)