CM-Sky

FS-I6B receiver keeps disconnecting
« on: May 01, 2017, 08:45:42 am »
Hi could anyone give me a hand, i'm a noob at fvp and just recently bought a wizard x220. I set everything up with ease, took it out to fly and right after flying about 15-20 feet away my fs-i6b receiver disconnects and my drone falls. I checked on betaflight and its set on ppm rx so it should work, and yes im only using one cable. Could anyone help? I would greatly appreciate it.

Mateusz

Re: FS-I6B receiver keeps disconnecting
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 09:36:04 am »
I don't have experience with beta-flight, but falling down copter and disconnecting receiver sounds like fail-safe.
When there is a problem, fail-safe kicks in, which is usually set to no-pulse and copter falls down to avoid fly away. This is the right thing to do, other fail-safe options are usually dangerous.
It could be that you exceeded range of your transmitter (flying too far) or you have a bad antenna, or you have other strong transmitter that interferes with your receiver.
For example WiFi works on 2.4G and 5G, my camera with WiFi used to interrupt my 2.4G FrSky receiver, disabling WiFi from camera solved the problem.

CM-Sky

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 11:02:15 am »
What receiver and radio do you recommend? I'd like to replace them both if my issue cant be solved.

Mateusz

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 11:18:52 am »
My father got new Taranis X7 recently which is pretty good, it's cheaper buget but also newer version of Taranis X9D+.
Compared to X9D+, the X7 does not have charging circuit so you need to charge battery by taking it out, or hal-sensor gimbals like X9D can, but otherwise is VERY good radio also running open-source firmware OpenTX.
You get a wide range different cheap or more expensive receivers and many support Sbus. This is considerable upgrade from heavily moded Turnigy 9X he was using, that had only big receivers that are just PWM.
I think it's a nice radio, as it is open-source and has great community developed firmware, if anything I would recommend FrSky.