Jhinta

Autologing in gcs
« on: April 29, 2017, 11:25:46 am »
Is their a way to auto log with gcs let's say arm end start logging til exit or close

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Re: Autologing in gcs
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 06:12:51 pm »
Sorry no.  I agree it is inconvenient to have to remember to turn logging on, to store larger than necessary files, and to skip over unneeded time at the beginning when playing back.

Personally, I think it would be even better to have an inexpensive (e.g. $10 openlog) on board logger to log to micro SDHC card so you could even do it without GCS or when out of range/reception of GCS.  :)

Jhinta

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 06:39:11 pm »
Openlog , tel me . fully supported on librepilot ? Also just about ads-b  Is this standalone or does libre pilot needs support for it? Or any plans for it

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 06:44:24 pm by Jhinta »

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 05:38:08 am »
openlog hardware logger is being considered, but I don't know when it might be available.

Mateusz

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 11:58:43 am »
Is their a way to auto log with gcs let's say arm end start logging til exit or close

Revo has built-in flash and GCS has flight-side logging. So its possible to log some basic telemetry event to some extent.
I think its meant to log events like errors or fail-safe, not sure about gyro. Last time I tried logging some gyro samples with it and doing some simple FFT plots (frequency domain) in R, but something stopped me and I don't remember what was it.

GCS flight-side log manager is also a little bit bugged, but if you can fix it would be awesome. Exporting to CSV actually exports table in a bit different text format, but easy to extract columns from it,  it's definitely not CSV though. Also GCS tries to show samples and if there are too many it shows long list that ends premature, while it would be better if it was showing just one row per session recorded.

But give it a try and see how far you end up! :)