RcV

Re: My LibrePilot VTOL TiltRotor FixedWing
« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2018, 07:12:38 am »
...For quads, if you don't have enough "I" term the most obvious symptom is that the quad won't hold correct pitch angle when flying forward fast...
Thanks for the info. I thought it was strange that it worked with no I and D also. As soon as I put in some I it would just drift all over the place. Don't really care to mess with that old code after experiencing what can be achieved these days.

...One of the main things that VTOL needs is a smooth transition from nose up mode to nose forward mode...
I did one tail sitter VTOL flying wing model. Don't think I got any video but it did the entire transition. Was using the same FC though, so just gyro with the P PID. Really want a good accel to add into the mix. I'm working on another Osprey type bicopter VTOL so I don't need to rotate the assumed "level" angle on this build.

...the LibrePilot code as is, has plenty possibilities to be configured for a multitude of VTOL uses though...
Sounds good. I'll take a look at the custom tab some more.

Thanks for letting me interrupt your thread karla. You have both been very helpful in answering these questions for me and providing great suggestions. I'll keep an eye on this project.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 07:17:56 am by RcV »

karla

Re: My LibrePilot VTOL TiltRotor FixedWing
« Reply #166 on: May 20, 2018, 01:49:04 am »
Thanks for letting me interrupt your thread karla. You have both been very helpful in answering these questions for me and providing great suggestions. I'll keep an eye on this project.

Haha, no worries, not interrupting, visitors welcomed!
Provides inspiration to this very slow project. I lack suitable flying fields to test it. Its easier to find a spots for quads and helis.
Good luck  :)