cannot calibrate transmitter
« on: March 30, 2017, 10:03:57 am »
i got a turnigy 9x with orange receiver, i have done the setup of the cc3d successfully, but got stuck whenever i  setup the transmitter. i can only calibrate the "throttle" part" and cannot proceed to the "roll" part.
is it the hardware (receiver) issue or is it software which I need to set something? fyi, i have set to PPM for the cc3d.

Re: cannot calibrate transmitter
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 09:34:24 pm »
I am having this same issue, but I have a different tx/rx. I am using a Flysky FS-i4x transmitter with a FS-A6 receiver. I was able to update the firmware on my FC just fine, all motors tested as working and I set the min values etc. All was good. Then I went in to set up the transmitter and it got through the throttle test just fine and when I got to the roll test, it wouldn't pass. It was registering as receiving a signal from my PWM channel 1 on the receiver, but it wouldn't pass the roll stage.

I am using PWM over channel 1 of my receiver. This is all on my Parkour 280 RTF quad. I don't want to remove the 30+ screws to open it up and am hoping this is a software issue that I can easily correct.

Thanks!
Kevin

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 11:03:30 pm »
I am using PWM over channel 1 of my receiver.

If you use PWM input you need one wire/connector per channel input.

The connection order doesn't matter but you need at least 5 wires connected.

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 09:02:09 am »
Looks like original question (PPM, so all signals are available) slipped through the cracks.  For anyone reading this, the issue is that the "moving transmitter sticks display" does not work if the number of flight mode switch positions is 1 (skipped).  Set up the FMS normally (don't skip) or just assume that it is working, even though the display does not show it.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 04:35:54 pm »
For anyone reading this, the issue is that the "moving transmitter sticks display"...

Both users have issue with next channel detection 'Roll' :
i can only calibrate the "throttle" part" and cannot proceed to the "roll" part
the throttle test just fine and when I got to the roll test, it wouldn't pass.

So unrelated to the "moving transmitter sticks display" you point :
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=3156.msg21834#msg21834

No detection of next/second channel (Roll) can be :
- wrong/missing wiring
- Rc transmitter configured with some mixing on it like fixed wing 'delta' mixer that create two channels changing while moving one stick. Only one receiver output should be active while moving one stick for correct detection. This can be checked using the channel monitor panel in Rc transmitter.

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 09:19:14 am »
Original poster uses PPM, so it is not a "missing wire" since at least one channel works.

But it is possible that he plugged a PWM RC into the PPM configured FC.