Contributing to the LibrePilot Documentation
« on: March 02, 2017, 09:40:38 pm »
Hello,

since I am using LibrePilot for a school project, I have started to work with the code quite a lot lately.

Now as I'm beginning to understand how it works (on an architectural level), I would like to share what I've learned about the code so far. This way, others who would like to work on it can do so without reverse engineering the whole thing and figuring out all the little things that cause errors by themselves.

Just so you know what I'm talking about, I mean tasks that should be simple like adding a sensor, which took me hours to figure out. Don't get me wrong, I really like the software and the way it's organized, I think it's very elegant and extensible once you get the hang of it. But there should really be more documentation on things like how to enable the debug console, how GCS plugins are loaded etc.

So, what I'm really asking is, is there a way for me to contribute to the documentation? I would be more than happy to start documenting some basic development tasks so new developers can spend less time reverse engineering.

Regards,
Bernhard
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 09:46:30 pm by b4hofer »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Contributing to the LibrePilot Documentation
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 10:00:26 pm »
Hi Bernhard,

Your'e welcome :)
You can start creating a new account here : https://librepilot.atlassian.net/admin/users/sign-up

Next, tell me what's your account name so i can add you to a group allowing write / review pages you add before switching to public.

If you need something about Wiki, just ask...
Maybe something to add to the Dev manual : https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Developer+Manual

Laurent

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 10:32:01 pm »
Hi Laurent,

Thanks for your quick reply  :)

I have created an account, the username is "b4hofer".

Bernhard

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 10:49:16 pm »
Nice

Take a look to the left menu, at bottom.
Maybe need reconnect to apply changes.

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 09:42:35 am »
Thanks for your help Laurent, it seems to work, I get the option to edit pages or create new ones.

I'll let you know if anything else comes up  :)