CC3D EVO???
« on: February 09, 2017, 04:53:49 pm »
I bought a CC3D EVO from Ebay and I've been trying to install the firmware on this board(first you should all know I am a newbie at drones and programming in general) I do however fly 3D Heli's and aerobatic giant scale gas planes so I'm not completely lost!! Lol! Ok.. I hook the board up on Librepilots GCS and go to firmware and I've tried rescuing the board per YouTube videos but every time after it cycles through upgrade and erase I get a sentence in red that tells me I need to manually upgrade the board?? I get this this everytime I try to do anything. It does however flash firmware from my files but cant get it to work? Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong!!

hwh

Re: CC3D EVO???
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 07:17:56 pm »
Go to the firmware tab with the board NOT connected to the computer.  Click upgrade and erase.  The hook up the board when it tells you to.   That's manual upgrade.

It's possible that the board has the old version bootloader that can't do anything but manual upgrades.   The wiki page https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Tab tells about upgrading bootloaders and firmware.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 03:57:01 pm »
I tried the upgade and erase but no luck! The TX/RX light bar at the bottom right of the screen only shows 1 green bar lit up in the TX and nothing in the RX. It does however light up every light on both TX/RX when it go through the rescue procedure but only for a brief second. It seems no matter what I do I cant get the board to work properly, I read in another post on here that it could be my PC?? I've download a few different CC3D files from Librepilot bootloader but none seem to work!  I've gone and bought the Spectrum FC32 Flight Control Board and it works flawlessly in my Robocat 270mm(but set it up on my buddys computer) so I'm good in the aspect of getting my drone flying but I'm determined to get this CC3D controller to work or finalize that it is indeed garbage!! LOL!!

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 04:21:47 pm »
I also keep getting a pop up in the lower right corner of my screen sayin Windows doesn't recognize this USB cable? But I can download firmware onto the board so shouldn't the cable I have work or do I need a different USB cable?? I bought this one cuz it said data transfer on it?

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 07:43:54 pm »
First off, there are some bad USB cables out there, so try another one.

Need exact message (it isn't "USB cable"), but it sounds like you need to reinstall GCS to make sure drivers get installed.  Unplug USB (and do not plug back in until after reinstall), reboot PC, uninstall GCS, reboot PC, install GCS (including drivers).

If that doesn't fix it, search reinstall the bootloader (then do "manual" "upgrade and erase"):
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Tab

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 08:00:08 pm »
The TX/RX light bar at the bottom right of the screen only shows 1 green bar lit up in the TX and nothing in the RX.

This is a typical issue, you just need to uninstall/reinstall driver.
Uninstalling GCS do nothing for your issue.
When installing GCS the drivers are just optional for normal use and generally not needed.

Take a look to the following wiki page and uninstall Composite device
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Troubleshooting

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 02:28:32 pm »
Thanks guys I'll try each of everything you just told me! It wouldn't hurt to try multiple options!

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 04:47:33 pm »
I'm good for a while guys! Until my next build!! I watched a video on YouTube and a guy was having the same issue as me and he powered up the drone with his flight pack along with the USB and the board worked, guess he wasn't getting enough power through the USB?? Anywho!! I plugged my battery straight into the throttle port on the board and woop!! LIGHTS OUT!! Lmao!! A rookie mistake I know!! I completely had a brain fart and forgot about going through a PDB board to reduce the voltage!!! OOPS!!!My bad!! Thanks so much for all the help guys! I REALLY appreciate it a lot!! You all are the best!

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 09:01:25 pm »
Well whatever smoked is bad, but you should test everything else.  Some FC's can handle high voltage there fine, especially if it isn't plugged in so long that it overheats.  Some RC receivers can handle higher voltage, although it is usually only up to 10v or so.

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 06:01:31 pm »
This one is totally cooked, Now when I plug in the USB no lights come on and the tiny circuit board above and to the right of the printed CC3D Evo logo on the board gets wicked hot!! No biggy, It wasn't expensive and this stuff happens with this hobby!! All you can do is learn and move on!

gitit20

• If it will fly I will crash it.
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2017, 09:56:48 pm »
I have come to learn to spend a bit more cash and get a CC3D or Revo from places like ready made RC. They are made a lot better and tend to be a lot less hassle to get going.

Royce
Do the best you can It's all you can do.