utoedter

• Frickeln und mehr
Strange SBUS Problem
« on: February 05, 2017, 01:36:43 pm »
Hello everyone,

After converting my EAchine Racer 250 from PWM to S.BUS (Taranis X9E+X4R-SB EU, ETSI 1.91) im stuck on a crazy problem. Every input channel shows a crazy resolution problem:

Stick minimum -- Stick centered --- Stick Maximum is mapped to the following input values:
      987                      995                                1785

The resolution for all negative values from -100% to neutral are mapped to a range of 8, all values from neutral to +100%  to a range of 790. The channel monitor on the taranis itself shows the normal servo ways. Thats crazy unsymmetric, or do i think wrong ?

Udo

Re: Strange SBUS Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 01:55:28 pm »
That doesn't sound right.
First maybe export your current settings.
Then go to Configuration -> Input, with USB and flight battery both plugged in and transmitter on, but disarmed, and adjust these manually.

Mateusz

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 01:59:25 pm »
Sbus is digital so you should have almost identical values on all 4 input channels. Here is my calibration (flying one) for reference using X4R-SB receiver, if you wonder what good values look like.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 02:25:41 pm »
Neutral for throttle is just a little bit above min, so those numbers may be correct for throttle.
Neutral for throttle is the place where you want the motors to start to turn.

utoedter

• Frickeln und mehr
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 04:28:18 pm »
Then go to Configuration -> Input, with USB and flight battery both plugged in and transmitter on, but disarmed, and adjust these manually.

Oh yes i forgot to say that crazy result is done by manual adjustment, not by the wizard. So i bound the receiver with CPPM instead of SBUS, and there everything looks much better.  Really crazy.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

utoedter

• Frickeln und mehr
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 08:44:53 pm »

Oh yes i forgot to say that crazy result is done by manual adjustment, not by the wizard. So i bound the receiver with CPPM instead of SBUS, and there everything looks much better.  Really crazy.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Update:

Problem is solved, i did the minimum/maximum calibration wrong. Maybe it would be helpfull, if the values on the sliders show the current input values, even if they are below minimum or above maximum, because then they got capped.  Thank you all.

Udo