graupner hott sumd
« on: November 19, 2015, 12:59:05 pm »
Hello
because it was not yet implemented the Protocol sumd hott?
I should connect the rx graupner to cc3d with oneshot 125.
how can I do?
There will be updates?
I am in the process of changing from spektrum or graupner with respective 30 multirotor!
if this protocol will not be supported in a hurry to change it from Librepilot Betaflight all multirotor.
thank you.

m_thread

• GCS is my home
    • LibrePilot
Re: graupner hott sumd
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 01:36:10 pm »
Hi

As of now we don't have support for SUMD HOTT protocol in LibrePilot. I know that TauLabs have support for this protocol so it should be possible to port that to LP quite easily I think.
There are other serial receiver protocols as well that we want to support eventually. The limiting factor here is development time and actual hardware for the developer to test with.

/Fredrik

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 01:58:08 pm »
Hi

As of now we don't have support for SUMD HOTT protocol in LibrePilot. I know that TauLabs have support for this protocol so it should be possible to port that to LP quite easily I think.
There are other serial receiver protocols as well that we want to support eventually. The limiting factor here is development time and actual hardware for the developer to test with.

/Fredrik

Hi Fredrik.
I am also currently interested in changing to Graupner Tx/Rx.
Michele is part of the test team too. Do you think a porting from taulabs tested by test team only can be a possible viable option?

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 09:04:17 pm »
I make the same request of pragamichele...    ;)

Thanks

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 04:30:04 pm »
I think to go in choosing graupner if there was compatibility or I'll have to think of abandoning the project even though I hope not , because graupner is doing very well

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 04:46:37 pm »

news?

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 05:37:46 pm »

news?
I made a jira request august 23. Still unassigned, but as you know none of the developer owns Graupner Tx/Rx. Changed priority from low to medium.
I rised a request for Jeti EX bus support too. Maybe Jeti is more simple, because they publicly share detailed documents on their protocol.
It would be really great to have something like that by Graupner. Ultimately, it is also their interest.
I would go with Jeti, but the excessive cost would induce me to fall back on Graupner, but currently LP does not support Graupner, then I am faced with two closed roads.

m_thread

• GCS is my home
    • LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 06:50:58 pm »
I have been thinking of looking at this for some time. The biggest problem (apart from lack of spare time) is that to be able to verify the implementation and debug/troubleshoot any issue I will have a hard time as I don't have a Graupner system.

I could try to have this implemented and then let someone else with a Graupner radio test it for me. It would be a bit tedious if there are issues but I guess we have to work with what we have here...

As part of the code has to added to each supported platform ( cc3d, revo, nano, sparky2 ) I would like to know what platform any owner of a Graupner who could help out testing would prefer.
Same as above applies for Jeti support.
/Fredrik

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 07:45:12 pm »

As part of the code has to added to each supported platform ( cc3d, revo, nano, sparky2 ) I would like to know what platform any owner of a Graupner who could help out testing would prefer.
Same as above applies for Jeti support.
/Fredrik
Pragamichele has tons of microracers, all equipped with Graupner Rx and CC3D. He is converting all CC3D to betaflight for Graupner compatibility.
I think he will be happy to test SUMD support.

m_thread

• GCS is my home
    • LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 08:05:41 pm »
OK!
Great. I will do the CC3D first then. When we get that to work I can do the other platforms as well.
I will keep you posted.
/F

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2015, 08:57:23 pm »
thank you
I am available to test with SUMD cc3d.
I look forward

mazevx

• Still Learning ...everday
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2015, 09:39:43 pm »
I can test SumD with revo mini and cc3d Atom at any time you want.

m_thread

• GCS is my home
    • LibrePilot
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2015, 11:06:27 am »
Ok, I have Graupner HoTT SUMD/SUMH support compiling for the CopterControl target ( CC3D, Atom ). I can build a complete GCS with the new firmware for Mac. I can build it for Windows and Linux also but Mac is the platform I'm developing on normally.
Please tell me if a Mac binary would do and I will post a link to it later today.

/F

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2015, 12:12:54 pm »
mac ok  ;)

m_thread

• GCS is my home
    • LibrePilot
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2015, 01:08:50 pm »
Well as Mac seems to be ok I will post a link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bq2q2zz0dtpzm5b/LibrePilot-15.09-dirty-osx.dmg
Please report if it works. This should work on CC3D and Atom only. Select HoTT SUMD or HoTT SUMH on main and/or flexi port. Please test both alternatives and try to verify functionality.
Radio setup is not supported in vehicle setup wizard yet. So it has to be done manually or via the simple input wizard in the configuration plugin.

UPDATE: Added link to correct Mac installer
Cheers
/F
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 02:06:12 pm by m_thread »