stupid newbee question on transmitter wizard operation
« on: February 01, 2017, 02:34:32 am »
Hello!!  The vehicle setup wiz works great (250/CC3D/1806/std ESC/etc.). All the motors calibrate nicely in the right direction -- so all good there. Now the stupid part (don't hate me):  When I get to the Transmitter setup wizard for my Taranis X9D Plus, i can't figure out what to hook up to what.  Do I leave the battery in the quad with the FC hooked up to Libre via the mini-USB, and then turn on my transmitter?  Or hook up the Taranis to the laptop via the USB?  Thank you so much for any help!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: stupid newbee question on transmitter wizard operation
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 10:51:55 am »
Hi,

- Board will be powered so the receiver can work (USB do not provide power to the external devices / ports),
- Taranis will be powered up so the Rc link is active between Taranis and Receiver (Binded),
- Board need to be connected so the GCS can dialog.

Whatever the order you connect / power up you need all this above before starting TX Wizard.

Receiver need to be properly wired, according to the Input type you choose:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/CC+Hardware+Configuration#CCHardwareConfiguration-ReceiverPort

If not already done, you may consider add / declare (in Taranis) a receiver output used for the flight  mode switch.

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 11:56:55 pm »
Oh...thank you f5soh...I understand how that works.  I got the Wizard to start! 

Now I'm stuck on why when the T-Wizard starts, and it asks me to move a stick, then when I move the stick it shows, turns out I'm moving the other sticks...so the CH1 Throttle (left stick in mode2) makes the right stick move in the wizard screen...I've checked the transmitter...it says CH1/Throttle and the output monitor on the taranis looks correct...so what do I do now? 

Thank so soooooo much for the help!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 12:09:08 am »
Depend on how you wired the receiver.
TX Wizard just detect how you connected. The CH1 / Throttle match doesn't matter, just move the right stick when asked according to the picture/animation