n2ba

eflite 10amp esc's and libre pilot?
« on: January 27, 2017, 07:43:26 am »
Hey all

I have been working a tricopter for some time now and am stuck.  I am wondering if anybody has used elite 10amp escs on a build?  I am pretty sure all eflite escs are the same as far as programming and throttle calibrition thru the tx so the amp is not so important.  anyways if u have had any luck using these would to hear from u, cause I am having no such luck and have very few hairs on my head to lose,  any Help appreciated    :)

Re: eflite 10amp esc's and libre pilot?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 08:14:17 am »
So whats the exact problem with them? And what did you already tried?
Im using eflite esc 10A on my plane with librepilot but i dont used the wizard just calibrated them manually....maybe if that is your problem take a look here: https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/ESC+Calibration
Hardware: F450 Frame--Revolution Board--EMax 2213-935kv--BullTec 30A Opto--5000mAh 3S 30C LiPo--NEO M8N GPS+MAG--Fr Sky Taranis Plus + OPLink Mini
Addon: sj5000x + two axis gimbal + minimosd + eachine VT + easycap
Software: Black Rhino, LP2GO

n2ba

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 10:29:22 am »

I have done the vehicle set-up and can only get motor 1 to arm/function via the FC.  Though running all 3 escs and motors through channel 1 via servo wire slitter is not a problem (Dx6g2/orange r615x,btw) and is how calibrated the input prior to connecting to PC/libre.  Not gonna lie though with that being said the escs have accumulated from past planes one being the viking 280 and one purchased for this build, and the 2 that dont arm thru (LP only) have a different tone or jingle when arming. As far as I can tell eflite only produces 1 type 10amp esc, and while the toon differs I cant find any info on anything else that may be different.  IDK, I would think if they all have the same label they should all work together,  but then again im cheap haha.  The reason im using the eflite is a set of BL heli 12amp escs Purchased 4 this build have given me a lot of grief but eflites fire up the motors (spin not stutter) every time so Id rather use them. 

Overall

2 out 3 eflite10amp escs play different toon when arming although programming menu and options appear to be identical just relayed differently

all 3 escs operate/calibrate thru 1ch directly to RX/TX

only 1/3 arm/spin LP

Thanks in advance for any input  :) much appreciated
DOC
Is your plane a twin engine? just wondering when you say "calibrate them" if u have multiple escs to LP or just one?
Cause my problem may be related to channel input also IDK

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 10:40:01 am »
Yes sorry its only one esc.. please post your uav file. File>export uav settings
Hardware: F450 Frame--Revolution Board--EMax 2213-935kv--BullTec 30A Opto--5000mAh 3S 30C LiPo--NEO M8N GPS+MAG--Fr Sky Taranis Plus + OPLink Mini

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 10:51:53 am »
By the way did you disconnect all plus wires except from one esc? The elite esc do have 5V BEC output, am i right? So you must connect only one plus wire from one ESC to your FC...

n2ba

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 11:31:06 am »

Uav file i think/hope

Que

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 11:47:18 am »
Good morning everyone.
 Thank you doc for this info page! I have been struggling for days trying to get into program mode with my BLheli ESCs via the transmitter with no luck.

When I started following the procedure on this page I realized I could get into the program mode with it. I was finally able to set the control frequencies this way. The motors had been making a horrible high pitch sound because of the frequency setting.

I had gone through the same issue with another build but couldn't for the life of me remember how I had gotten into set up the last time.

Cheers!

n2ba

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 12:07:23 pm »
By the way did you disconnect all plus wires except from one esc? The elite esc do have 5V BEC output, am i right? So you must connect only one plus wire from one ESC to your FC...
U are correct on the 5v BEC and I had read also about removing the + red wire from the plug of the escs but was under the impression that's   only to not provide to much power to the RX,  and since my ESC weren't fried I thought it's fine, but if u think it will benefit my situation I'll definitely try it next

Sent from my ASUS_X008DC using Tapatalk

n2ba

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 12:07:35 pm »
U are correct on the 5v BEC and I had read also about removing the + red wire from the plug of the escs but was under the impression that's   only to not provide to much power to the RX,  and since my ESC weren't fried I thought it's fine, but if u think it will benefit my situation I'll definitely try it next

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 12:50:30 pm »
You config looks weird...
Your min and neutral settings for output 1-3 are the same...so you didnt calibrated the motors in the wizard correctly...
Please try to calibrate your escs manually: https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/ESC+Calibration

And your output frequency is set to 50Hz which is okay but when you got motors running try to set it to PWMSync in the output tab for better performance, i hope eflite escs will work with it :-)

Also your TX calibration looks strange...but maybe you just didnt use the transmitter wizard by now?

Im not an electrician but i think if you put all plus wires paralell, escs get in trouble with regulating the 5V output. They will disturb each other.

@Que
:-) I just posted the link Thx goes to the LibrePilot Dev Team

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 05:27:59 pm »
Do the manual ESC calibration and neutrals using PWMSync mode for all ESC banks on the Output tab.  If you can't get it to calibrate all ESCs at once, correctly, then drop down to PWM mode at 400 then 330, 270 ... till you find one that works well.

n2ba

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2017, 04:24:57 am »

hey everyone

again thanks for your help and patience as this is really testing mine.   So for an update I just wanted to start with the uav file, which im sure is wack due to the fact I cannot get all three escs to arm or operate thru LP.  therefor I have not completed the vehicle wizard, and the transmitter setup is off cause i was trying to use ppm with my r615x but with no success so have went back to pwm, and dont think i had updated at that point. 
I have disconnected the middle + wire out of 2 of the esc leads (not sure if it matters which esc has the red wire though) and tried to arm in the vehicle set-up with only the one esc arming, same as before, also tried by calibrating thru LP with the same result.
So leaving the esc leads the same (+wireout) i tried to calibrate the escs thru LP being sure SWM sync was highlighted, only one calibrated/armed
I then changed to Pmw and went thru all mhz with no luck with only the tones changing as i cycled thru mhz options.  only one esc arming everytime and error beeps from the other two. 
I am begining to think all 3 escs sjust are not gonna operate together in LP, even though they do when split off throttle CH directly to RX.
 I have used this board in a rc car application with success b4 so am thinking to set that up again and testing the escs and motors through that one by one and see if they operate the same without changing settings,  then use that info for my nxt move. 
opinions of this being a good or bad idea are welcome and appreciated, I am just running out of ways to try to get all three to arm in LP without tearing out the last 2 hairs left on my bald head!!!

I do have 3 BL heli 12amp escs I could b tsting/using,  though every time i hook them up thru my RX only no matter what at least one motor will sputter or twitch, and the eflites do not so thats why i am where i am

advice/ideas ?

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 04:34:37 am »
Since they all work when connected to the receiver, try hand calibrating them separately, connected to the receiver one at a time.  You will probably learn something about them in the process, like some won't calibrate or the low high direction is backwards from the others?

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2017, 04:35:35 am »
And you can leave the red lead connected to all the ESC connectors.

n2ba

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2017, 04:44:40 am »
Since they all work when connected to the receiver, try hand calibrating them separately, connected to the receiver one at a time.  You will probably learn something about them in the process, like some won't calibrate or the low high direction is backwards from the others?
I have calibrated w/ TX/RX one by one and with splitter all in channel one with success.  Though when they are all hooked up together it is difficult to calibrate because the timing of the toons is off so it is hard to lower the throttle when they are all happy but w/ multidisciplinary attempts I can do it.  Wonder if that space in time will not be hit In LP? But I also figure if I had just callibrated manually there should b no need to calibrate thru LP but still cannot get them all to arm thru LP, IDK.