SE motor not responding
« on: January 15, 2017, 11:28:17 pm »
Hi folks, hoping you might be able to help me here. I have a zmr250 frame, Emax MT2206 II 1900kv motors, DYS XSD 20a with BLHeli S (DShot) and CC3D FC. I have one motor, SE, that will not respond. I have updated my firmware using GCS Vehicle Setup Wizard and proceeded as far as the motor output calibration and motor 3 was unresponsive. The motor, ESC combination was tested for in other positions and all motor/ESCs functioned properly in positions 1, 2 and 4 and none worked at position 3. All wires are properly connected and the pins at position 3 seem to be solid. Any ideas on what my issue might be? This issue was present before the firmware upgrade and was present with a previous motor/ESC combo and was the initial reason for replacing my previous motors and ESCs. Thank you in advance and I look forward to being part of this community.

-Josh

Re: SE motor not responding
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 01:03:14 am »
I have a similar experience with a naze32 board. 2 Channels are not responding. I have joined ESCs to other channels - and there they work well.  I have self soldered the pins of the Nazeboard - and i dont have made a proper work. After a second solder the missing channels respond (but after some test - the board give up with a "white smoke").

My CC3D come with solderd pins - and there i have no problems. Think your signal line of the channel 3 is broken. If its a expensive Revo FC - you can try to resolder this channel. If its a cheap board - i think its better to replace the FC - a CC3D "normal" is not very expensive.

You can take a mulimeter and find out if there is a signal on this channel - i think there is none.

Re: SE motor not responding
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 01:14:54 am »
Thanx! I was actually going that route already and put my channel 3 into 5 and changed the settings in the configuration tab with success! It would be nice to find the problem and fix channel 3 but in the meantime I think I will see if I can at least power the board through 3 in the hopes that maybe just the signal lead is bad.