rabno1

1/4 of the map not loading?
« on: January 07, 2017, 01:07:44 am »
Having some trouble with the map im using 16.09 on windows 10. The top left hand quarter of the map just doesnt load. If i zoom right in it shows the roads and some landmarks but no actual map/sat image.
 Ive tried using almost all the different map sources and all the options server only, server and chache, etc..

Any ideas?

Re: 1/4 of the map not loading?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 08:54:15 am »
That is a known issue with Google maps.  The other providers don't have that issue, but IMHO Google has better maps...

That happens with me too sometimes, but if I right click and "uav -> go to uav" <pause> click + <pause> click + <pause> (repeat), it zooms in to the location.

On my field laptop I used the "Rip map" to grab all the areas I fly at at the resolutions I want, set it to cache only, and then it doesn't even have to talk to Google any more.

rabno1

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 06:21:17 pm »
Ive tried every provider on the list  :(  Here is a screenshot of what it looks like when i zoom in. Why is it that the one quarter of the world i need doesnt work LOL
I did even try selecting the area around me and ripping the map but still no luck..

Ive tried on 2 different laptops both running windows 10 and i seem to get the same with 15.09 too.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 06:55:40 pm »
On my Win7 laptop I get the same thing (lines for roads) until I get to zoom level 17 (just slowly click + a few more times).

Google is funny though.  It depends on the time of the day and the area as to what you can see.

rabno1

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 07:10:32 pm »
I dont get anything all the way in.
Maybe its a windows 10 thing?
I think ive tried about every combination of settings and providers there is for the map and none of them seem to work. 
Ive noticed that none of the map actually loads even the 3/4 that looks ok at first, as you zoom in it just stays the same apart from the roads detail get better as you zoom.

hwh

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 07:22:44 pm »
The google thing zoomed out is a google problem.   If it doesn't work for you zoomed in and the Bing ones like BingHybrid (my favorite) don't work you have a problem with your individual system or your internet provider.  It's definitely not a Windows 10 thing.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 07:32:07 pm »
Yes, Bing map works fine.
The right map to be loaded in OPMap widget can be selected after you enabled the Windows > Edit Gadget Mode option.

In example bellow, access mode should be changed to "Server and Cache" option, the "Server Only" is only set to test if server is responsive.

rabno1

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 05:08:57 pm »
Yeah as I said tried just about every combination of settings and provider's. I did try them on server only, server and cache and cache only.
I've tried 2 different laptops and 2 different internet connections by different provider's.

It looks like the map loads in different layers, the top one with the roads, place names, etc.. load fine but they later below which shows the sat image isn't loading.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

filnet

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 05:47:04 pm »
Google Sat changed something on their side again.
They do it once a year or so and we need to find what and fix it.

Usually we only need to change some version number.
Last time we had to bump the version, I made it possible to change it using an environment variable (GCS_GOOGLE_SAT_VERSION).
That last version bump was quite strange : from version 193 to 694 (https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot/commits/c86c7d1b52fb870770122eed0489193cd2e060d6)

rabno1

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 06:39:05 pm »
Ok feel I little silly now, but at least I've managed to get it working with bing. I was only changing the setting on the default profile, once i change the Google Sat and Memory Only too its working ;D

filnet

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 09:01:49 pm »
And the new version is 711, so if you set the environment variable GCS_GOOGLE_SAT_VERSION to 711, Google Sat will work again.

How to set an environment variable depends on the OS you use...

PS : you might want to delete the GCS tile disk cache to get fresh ones (not sure GCS does that automatically).
The location of disk cache is also OS dependent but is shown from the OPMap Google Sat options panel (there is even a Browse button that will take you there).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 09:17:53 pm by filnet »

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 04:09:47 am »

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 09:01:17 pm »
It was 726 for a while, now it's 728.

That generally means that 726 still works but is no longer updated/fixed and that after a while it will get more and more blank tiles in it.