Cc3d with 16a blheli opto esc fs-ia6-ia6b
« on: January 06, 2017, 04:02:17 am »
Can anybody help out with an issue I'm having with my cc3d and blheli 16a esc with an fs ia6b? I get through config and calibrate my esc's and it all works fine. I then do the tx setup with pwm and it connects. But once I connect to fly, it seems to power to almost full throttle with any stick given at all. Also I can't figure out how to set up ibus for fsia6b and cc3d. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Cc3d with 16a blheli opto esc fs-ia6-ia6b
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 04:07:00 am »
Carefully test it with GCS -> config -> output -> test outputs.

If it acts correctly there (low power is low) then you probably have "invisible oscillations" and need to reduce your PID (D term mainly).

If it jumps up there, or your motor min/neutral/max's aren't somewhere around 1000/1064/1900 then you need to recalibrate your ESCs and re-set your motor neutrals.  I would recommend using PWMSync instead of OneShot till you get it working too.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/ESC+Calibration

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 04:11:17 am »
One other thing that can cause the jump up is out of balance props.  It usually causes a roll/pitch though, not all motors higher.
Perhaps you could post a video so we can see what it is doing?

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 04:32:32 am »
I will post a video in the morning, I am using pwm mode when that is happening, I get my escs calibrated and the values are all good. Something happens in the rx though. It seems my values act really strange and move a bit on their own. In the program it says it's all working as far as I can tell. So with pwm it does the high throttle right away.

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 04:37:39 am »
Thank you very much also, I'm very new to this

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 05:00:10 am »
Would you possibly be able to explain a step by step for setting up blheli16a with cc3d fresh outa the box?

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 06:05:53 am »
What were the results of the "test outputs"?

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 07:24:23 am »
They set up properly, all 4 are spinning consistent at 1030

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 07:28:43 am »
Also, since I've started trying to use these blheli esc's my cc3d won't power on from anything but the USB port. That is for both, the cc3d with 15a blheli esc's and fs-ia6b and my cc3d mini with 16a blheli esc's and fs-ia6. Both with pwm. Any thoughts as to why that would be?

hwh

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 08:54:31 am »
Are you talking about DYS BL15A and 16A ESCs?   If you are they're OPTO ESCs, they don't provide power for the flight controller. 

Any ESC with only two wires going to the FC doesn't provide power.  You'd need something else with a 5v BEC on it like a PDB.

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 01:50:16 am »
Yes, Rw.rc opto blheli 16a esc, those are what I'm using with fs-ia6b pwm mode. When I plug in ubec to cc3d pins it doesn't power the cc3d on but it powers on the reciever through the cc3d. Also, what do I have to do exactly to get the esc's to run properly with cc3d that came from factory. Can you make a to do list of every step needed after opening the package on the esc's and the cc3d. So can you take these esc's new from factory and plug them in to the cc3d and go? Or do you have to do any extra steps before hand. I get through the vehicle setup and tx setup and the throttle seems to be on wide open after moving the stick up a little . And the esc's are all set at 1030 in setup wizard.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 02:05:16 am by Tonylong1212 »

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 07:11:06 pm »
Any thoughts?

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 07:41:52 pm »
Sounds like they need calibration,Have you calibrated the ESC? In the wizard? Which ESC in wizard have you chosen pwm or one short?
You will need the battery connected to calibrated ESC in wizard, if blheli ESC you could connect them to blheli suite and you can set throttle points and direction there for the motor.
I do every thing through the wizard in gcs

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2017, 10:12:01 pm »
Yes I've calabrated them through wizard, it seems like I really have to adjust my throttle setting too much for it to act ok enough for me to get it in the air. And it has allot of issues when it is in the air. It seems like it's trying too hard or too little to correct itself. And when I initially give it throttle it has allot of weird movement and motor inconsistencies until it's off the ground.

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2017, 02:35:38 am »
<----I have the same problem

STATUS OF PROBLEM: ONGOING...No Solution

Okay let me explain what happens and all my trials/errors (no I haven't fixed it).

First off I'm using these parts (below is a list of contributing factors/parts)
Running ppm (1 cable)
x1 Realacc PDB-XPW 5V 12V Dual BEC PDB Built-in 150A Current Sensor with XT60PW Socket  <----------------------Important               Not a Factor
x1 Revolution Mini (Flight Controller Running Newest Librepilot) <-------------------------------------------------------Important
x1 ZMR250 V2 PCB Frame Kit Carbon Fiber With LED Board NOT USING THIS PCB                                                                         Not a Factor
x4 DYS XM Seris opto XM30A BLHeli mini 30A ESC For High KV Power Electronic Speed Controller  <-------------------------Important

Input voltage: 3-6s Lipo; BEC: NO; Signal frequency: 20-500Hz/ Oneshot125 Ultra high speed; Firmware: BLHeli 14.4<---------------Important

x4 DYS MR2205 2700kv Brushless Motor For Multicopter FPV Racer Quadcopter             Not a Factor
x4 KINGKONG 5040 Propellers CW & CCW 10 Pairs For QAV250 RC Multirotors              Not a Factor
x1 4s 1300mah turnigy graphine (although I use a 3s for testing sometimes)                 Not a Factor

Setup following Painless360's youtube tutorials
()

Okay so to let you know, I did calibrate all the esc's in both the librepilot and even separately (got the same calibration) and the motors run fine when testing in the program. The transmitter is also setup perfectly and no problems there. (Oh and I calibrated the flight controller multiple times after different trials and errors)

Problem: When trying to take off/ control the motors without a connection to the pc there is a few problems
#1: I arm the copter just fine and move the throttle to ~10% (very low) to see the motors spool up, but the motors will go to full power (sometimes falling back down to 10% only to spike back up). Keep in mind this is with little throttle input. Maybe it is the copter trying to self right on the ground, but this is also not the case.
If I put props on and hold it, when I apply 10% throttle it tries to go 100% and fly away all while yawing, rolling, and pitching every which way.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Things I've Tried To Isolate the Problem:
It is definitely not the pcd (I have checked connections, and even tried without a pcb).
Not the motors
Not the battery
I tried grounding the esc's (the revolution mini cables only uses the signal wire, leaving off the ground. But doesn't matter cause even grounded still no good) (some esc's need to be grounded in order to boot up ((if your motors are continuously beeping as if no signal, try grounding. But for me this isnt a problem))
I not have disconnected everything but 1 motor/esc arm so it is easier to test. (find the problem with 1 I can fix the rest)
IMPORTANT: I hooked up an arm and the blheli esc just to the receiver (bypassing the flight controller) and it works GREAT (although no stabilization because of lack of flight controller making it more like a plane)
So this^ leads me to believe that the blheli esc's themselves are not the problem but maybe the compatibility between them and the flight controller.
In Librepilot I have tried all 3 esc types (regular, 490hz?, and what I have Oneshot125) still no fix.

My next step is to try a different (non Oneshot125) esc with librepilot and see if it behaves kinda normally. If it does then that means it is a compatibility issue between the esc and flight controller and/or librepilot. If it acts up then it is a problem with the software or Revo itself (NOT THE ESC) <-----------See update (hint: other esc work fine)

I'll try to post a video later (don't expect it)

------------------------------UPDATE-----------------------------------------
I wired up an old esc to the flight controller to see if that worked. Low and behold it did. So this means it is a problem between software compatibility. Im pretty sure there is nothing you can do with the flight controller to get these esc's in their current state to work. Next step is to look at the esc blheli software and try to change somethings.

Please has anyone got blhlei escs to work?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 09:22:58 pm by dereelmatts »