Spz0

Hey all.
I'm running a revolution mini, first off,with latest gcs (black rhino) installed.
I've flashed my minimosd with the correct firmware from the lp wiki on minimosd. I have telemetry enabled on main port and baud set to 56700,yet when I power up, I get stalled on "waiting for mavlink heartbeat".
I have tried flashing all 4 firmwares listed on the wiki and all have the same issue. I have successfully ran a minimosd micro on the same flight controller so I am confident it's not an issue with the fc.
I'm running all this on a pdb detached from a frame (escs installed but not motors).

This is the osd I'm trying to program.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131844427099

Does anyone have any insight as to what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Kv team minimosd (not micro) problem. Waiting for mavlink heartbeat
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 08:43:43 pm »
Hi,

If you see "waiting for mavlink heartbeat", the MinOPOSD firmware is not flashed.
Just running the original APM fimware flashed by default.

You should try the MWOSD as a firmware replacement, not depended from the release/uavo set:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/MWOSD+Setup

Spz0

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 09:21:02 pm »
Interesting. The fw flasher indicates a successful flash. Let me reflash it again and report.

Spz0

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 09:30:55 pm »
Flash successful again (with mwosd this time). Will test in a few hours when I'm home and report back.

Spz0

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 12:59:04 am »
OK, so the arducam osd config tool is showing it uploading correctly, but it's not uploading. Will not flash charset either, even though u get pop ups stating the flash was successful.

Any clues?

Spz0

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 04:09:21 am »
In addition, I can adjust settings in the config tool and they write just fine (call sign for instance). Save them, unplug then replug and it will read the data pulled correctly.

I am really confused as to why it isn't flashing.

Spz0

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 05:48:52 am »
Trying the arduino software is worse. Lol I error out

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 07:20:06 am »
Be sure you keep the "#" in front

Code: [Select]
#define MINIMOSD
#define LIBREPILOT

** Using MinmOPOSD the callsign should not be stored in config (not used)
Seems you are not able to flash firmware and the issue should be same for MWOSD.

You can simply try to send MavLink teleletry (set the port you use for OSD with Mavlink) without osd firmware changes and get some OSD indications.

Spz0

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 04:33:29 pm »
@f5soh thanks a lot for coming in and helping me troubleshoot this issue. :-) I the comments slashes out but I also took the hash out as well. I guess I'm used to Java programming. I will put the hash back in and reflash and report back

Spz0

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 05:21:46 pm »
Here's a silly question, what board is this? Arduino pro?

Spz0

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 11:40:07 pm »
I think information is here:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/MWOSD+Setup#MWOSDSetup-UsingArduino
Yeah, I've followed that tutorial already. It's straight forward unless something goes wrong. Lol.
I'm ony way home and will flash this damn thing again tonight. Will report back. Thanks man!

Spz0

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 05:38:07 am »
OK, so I left the # in this time. It compiled alright AFAIK, but uploading is a different story.
See attached pic

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 06:03:15 am »
Looks like you added lines instead of modifying lines that were already there.  That would explain why INFO_AIRCRAFT is 0 in one place and 1 in another place.

Then you have verify errors when you flash.  That means it tried to write the new program, and then read it back to make sure it was written correctly, but there was a difference.  You did not get a good flash.

Spz0

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 02:57:47 pm »
Looks like you added lines instead of modifying lines that were already there.  That would explain why INFO_AIRCRAFT is 0 in one place and 1 in another place.

Then you have verify errors when you flash.  That means it tried to write the new program, and then read it back to make sure it was written correctly, but there was a difference.  You did not get a good flash.
Funny thing is, that I did not add any lines to the code. I followed the tutorial on Librepilot wiki to a tee - downloaded all the files it stated and linked to.
I will go over and upload the config file in a couple hours when I have some free time.
It's interesting I'm having so many issues with this Arduino version, when I've owned 3 micros in the past that have all worked and flashed flawlessly (with config tool mind you, this is the first time I've used the arduino software only because config tool is proving unsuccessful on this particular chip). :-(