no signal from r615
« on: January 01, 2017, 12:54:09 pm »
Atom with Orangerx r615 configured as PPM on Flexiport. RX works fine with servos on all channels, Futaba 9CHP set to Acro. No response in GCS from TX,  says input is in failsafe mode. RX powered with 6v battery pack on Throttle (ch1).   Atom connected with USB , Rx plugged in to Flexiport, then power to RX plugged in. Am I using a wrong sequence? Should I power RX 1st before plugging in to Atom, Atom connected with USB, power Rx then plug in? Power RX while plugged in to Atom then connect to GCS with USB? Power RX, plug into Atom, then USB?
Thanks for the help

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: no signal from r615
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 01:12:01 pm »
Hi, welcome.

Post your config file and some pictures how the wiring is done.
File > Export UAV settings while the board is connected.

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 02:49:27 pm »
Don't have much of config file yet, trying to set up for 250 heli. Should I have servos and esc connected before I start set up?
Any guide for for which ports for servos? Downloaded set up guide for heli from here and uav file for 250, but not sure which servo plugs where.
Was going to set up Rx 1st, but maybe I'm doing it backwards?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 03:23:04 pm »
Heli is other theme you will find help later in Heli section.

One issue at time.

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 05:16:35 pm »
Do you have the jumper set correctly so the Rx is in PPM mode?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1809971-Openpilot-CC-CC3D-Revo-tech-thread/page35

OTOH it seems the R615 is a DSM Rx, not Futaba?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 05:19:53 pm by TheOtherCliff »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 05:33:34 pm »
Seems no need a jumper, using the dedicated output port

BATT/BIND - Triggers binding procedure if Rx is powered with the bind plug inserted in this port. In normal operation it is a 6channel cPPM
output.

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 02:17:02 am »
Yes, dedicated cppm on bind port. Orangerx Tx  module with Futaba 9CHP. Have set up 4 quads with Orangerx and std CC3D, both rcvr port and PPM on Flexiport and 1 with Orangerx and KK FC  and rescued 2 of those so not totally newb. Just went thru wizard on those though. Did not set swash configuration and jerry save when I selected heli as vehicle....Just selected heli and saved. Could that be the issue? Radio should be set for heli 1 servo or acro?

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 02:41:04 am »
basic setup, UAV file was saved with Rx powered and Tx on with solid light on Rx. Had a red Boot alarm, rebooted in Firmware tab, green Boot tab When saved, just the red input alarm. possibly bad cable?

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 02:46:07 am »
Wiring is hard to take pic of, Rx is inside frame but is wired to Atom same as other Orange RX 615 -CC3D ppm connections I have on quads. Yes, is in Flexiport not Mainport. At least according to Atom diagram

hwh

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 03:04:39 am »
It doesn't look like you ever ran the transmitter wizard and no inputs are configured.  Go to the input tab and run the transmitter wizard.

Why are you running the old 15.09 instead of the current 16.09 release?

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 03:15:29 am »
I assume that's the version that was there when I installed LP. Set up the other boards using OP.  Guess I need to download and install the new version, I have tried the transmitter wizard, no response from the sticks. When I am an the input tab there is no configuration an any of the inputs. All say disabled and none. If I manually select type and channel I still get no response from stick movement in the wizard. If I remember correctly when I set up other boards the input type came up automatically and channels were numbered when I went thru the wizard. Makes me think bad connection.
Rx is powered with 6v battery pack not thru ESC but that was the way I did the other boards.

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 03:17:33 am »
If I have the servos plugged in to the Atom they move when I power the RX so there must be some connection

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 12:46:47 pm »
Be sure you reboot the board every time you made changes in Hardware tab. (remove usb and external power)

Check the connector if there is some pin bend.

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2017, 09:01:33 pm »
Pulled RX and Atom out of heli, removed case on Atom. Checked continuity on wiring to Flexiport from Bind/data on Rx (plugged together and check for continuity on pin lead on back of Flexiport connector)  All is good on wiring, servos plugged in to Rx all work correctly as stand alone Rx.
The numbering sequence for the outputs on the Atom is reversed from opwiki info though.  Opwiki shows #1 on the usb/rcvr port side and the one I have is labeled #1 on the Main and Flexiport side. Could not see numbering until I removed case. That explains why the #2 servo was driven to one side since it was in #5 actually (flight mode). So, I will put everything back together, download and install latest version and setup again. If I still get no response from Rx as ppm will change to rcvr port and try as pwm.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2017, 09:51:55 pm »
If they inverted the motor output order, you may also try connecting the PPM input to the other connector :)

Seems you have a reverse engineered Atom.
Please post good macro picture if you can.