jtrout19

Wierd motor behavior when throttle low
« on: October 31, 2016, 01:50:00 am »
Have a small issue not sure what is causing it. I didnt have this issue with my original revo on this quad. Here goes. The motors will spin up really quick with less than 5% of throttle and not all of them but after they spin up rpm decreases to where it should be with less than 5% throttle and at that point and i get the quad off the ground. Am i missing a setting. Once the quad is in the air the motors work just fine.

So also different than the motor thing the quad wants to drift forward and to the right. I cant seem to get that solved either
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 02:00:58 am by jtrout19 »

jtrout19

Re: Wierd motor behavior when throttle low
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 03:53:13 pm »
So i forgot to include the i am using afro 30a esc flashed with blheli. And my motors are 2216 920kv multistar elites. I did have it set to use oneshot125.  Motors spun up just fine in the setup wizard with oneshot. So using pwn 490hz i can slowly increase throttle until take off. I havnt tried just punching the throttle with oneshot, but i dont want to take off that way i like the slow take offs. Anyway what do you think couls be causing issue with oneshot?

jtrout19

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 02:04:38 am »
I have built a new 250 size quad with afro 20a mini race spec esc's. Flashed esc with the recent BLheli. Same exact thing happened with the mini quad. My first time trying to fly this thing it I went to throttle up and it immediately pitch forward and flipped and broke one of my props. Got more on order will be here sunday. But I got to thinking. That I never calibrated the ESC's as far as throttle range is concerned. So I went through the BLheli manual and calibrated my ESC's. Now I wont know if it has fixed my problem until I get new props but I will say this my neutral setting is much different now. Before it was 1136 and now is is 1031. So we will see if it helps.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 08:25:39 pm »
Make sure the FC is installed pointing forward; or if not, that the "rotate virtual yaw" is set to compensate for it.

Make sure the motors are turning in the correct direction and that the correct props are in the correct place.  Two wrongs do NOT make a right here...  Make sure the ESC servo connectors are plugged in, in the right order.

With default settings, and once you start the motors, some of the motors will spin faster and faster, trying to level the quad out, but it doesn't have enough power to lift the low side up.  That is normal.  It is not good to let it spin up.  If you do, it will flip over when you add power because it thinks the downhill motor needs so much more power.  You don't have to jerk it off the ground, but you should lift off soon after you start the motors.  Also for this reason it is best to take off from a level place, not a hill side.

jtrout19

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 08:43:04 pm »
This issue turned out to be a click box that was not checked. I dont remeber the exact wording but had to do with the I values being zero when throttle is low