First Quad build, motors won't spin
« on: November 05, 2016, 06:49:23 pm »
Hello. I have a HobbyKing Spec FPV 250 kit that with an OpenCCD Revo. I have gone through the wizard and configured everything successfully, and the motors spin during the neutral point calibration, but then once I complete the setup they will not spin. The quad is arming, Librepilot announces the quad is armed when I arm it, but nothing works.

Any advice on where to start?

UPDATE: I have been able to get it to arm and the motors to spin up. I had to trim the throttle all the way down. I'm not sure why, since LibrePilot was saying that it was armed. However, now I have another problem. As soon as it takes off it immediately flips to the left and crashes. I have recalibrated multiple times, but still no luck. Flying in attitude mode, also tried rattitude with the same results.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 09:58:42 pm by schilling3003 »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: First Quad build, motors won't spin
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 10:42:08 am »

Re: First Quad build, motors won't spin
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 01:02:50 pm »

... I have been able to get it to arm and the motors to spin up. I had to trim the throttle all the way down....

Did you do that trim on the transmitter? I've read that you should always leave the transmitter trim at neutral. Or maybe I misunderstood you.

Check out the link above, the first post on that page in particular has good information that should help.

Immediate flipping is often caused by not having the right motors on the right outputs on the FC, not having one or more motors spinning the right direction, not having the right prop on one or more motors (CW/CCW), or not having the FC pointing forward (on CC3D it's arrow pointing front).

If the FC is rotated where the arrow isn't pointing to the front, the link above points to a discussion about how to change a setting in LP so the FC knows which way it is pointing.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 01:09:01 pm by crof2003 »