- Faster and more agile
- Lighter less force on crash
- Shorter flight time
- Less space for gear
- Can flt indoors during winter!

jtrout19

Re: Big VS Small?
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2016, 05:55:02 pm »
Well now that I have too I have to say that I love this little 250 it is ultra portable and easy to just get out and fly. But I still like my 550 just as much. And as soon as I can get GPS working properly on it they will prolly both see equal amounts of flight time. I would really like to put GPS on my small quad just dont know where in the world I would put it.....

Re: Big VS Small?
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2016, 05:15:20 pm »
I have a 500 (cheap ebay alien/reptile), a 330 (cheap ebay F330 clone) and a 90 (QX-90).

The 500 and 330 are so cheap that you just buy some spare kits ($17 $10) for replacement parts.

How maneuverable each is boils down to thrust to weight ratio.  Even a heavy quad can move fast, but the thrust to weight ratio is what controls how quickly it can change directions like to do a high speed 180 around a tree trunk.

In my case, the 330 is the clear winner there.  The 500 and 90 are both slow slugs with their low power to weight ratios.

The good thing about small quads is that a full day's flying can be carried in a backpack.  They are also good for playing around indoors.  The down side is that you can't do LOS flying to any distance.