Re: PPM with CC3D
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 07:13:04 pm »
@f5soh first I appreciate your kindness and patience with me.

I know the difference of PPM and PWM, very well :) The print I gave you had an error cause LIBREPILOT probably has some bug: when I change PWM from PPM in every channel (inside INPUT tab), in the HARDWARE tab the RECEIVER does not change to PPM. So I have to do that manually as you said. So you were completely right about what you said!

I did a video showing my setup for you and how my LIBREPILOT is configured. Could you please watch it? Sorry for my english, it's terrible I know, really sorry. I tried my best and recorded the video 3 times till I could understand what I was saying!

Link: https://goo.gl/photos/VJFg3xQGJWXn3msh9

I REPEAT: despite using Arduino UNO as FTDI to Arduino Mini, when I use PWM everything works fine, completely fine. Exactly the same setup, no wires changed. But when I move to PPM (as shown in the video I also changed HARDWARE TAB) keeping everything the same LIBREPILOT wont recognize the pulses anymore.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2016, 07:25:27 pm »
Double check your settings, i tested all PPM inputs (pin3, pin8 and PPM on FlexiPort) using the same code and a Nano board as you so i can say there is no bug in LibrePilot.

You first select the input you want to use in Hardware tab.
Connect the hardware like the wiki pages show, according to the PPM input you choose.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/CC+Hardware+Configuration#CCHardwareConfiguration-ReceiverPort

Some posts before i recommend use the Pin8, please use this option.

When you do changes in Hardware you need to reboot the board, this means remove all power from it and reconnect again.

Next you should start the wizard and move controls when asked, at end you will get a Input tab fully configured.
When you change input type in RCInput you do not have changes in Hardware tab, that normal.
Simply because you can use mixed inputs, like one Sbus receiver connected to the board for vehicle control and additional PPM receiver for Gimbal control for example.

Edit: In your video you have ALL channels values set to 0: min/neutral/max...
If you don't use TxWizard you should set all values manually.
Manual calibration works only if activity and changes in values for min/max setup.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 07:31:53 pm by f5soh »

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2016, 08:26:20 pm »
MAN YOU ARE A BOSS!!!!!!!!!! I SHOULD HAVE REBOOTED THE BOARD!!!!!

IT WORKED, THANK YOU , REALLY THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU!!!!!!!

You were the only person who could help me, THANK YOU A TON!!!!!!!!!!!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2016, 09:07:51 pm »
You were the only person who could help me

:D

SystemHealth tell you a reboot is needed after every HW change.
If you used the Vehicle wizard your board should be also working just fine with the automatic reboot.

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 09:50:01 pm »
The message you said does not appear to me @f5soh I am using version 15.09 of librepilot even after changing the PWM to PPM.

Anyway, after almost 4 days, at least 2 of full time googling and researching about PPM it finally worked. If you never had said to reboot I would keep trying this for weeks till get a solution.

You are very kind, I repeat this. You were the only person who didnt kick my ass and kept helping me even when I did stupid mistakes. Thank you, God bless you  :-*

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2016, 10:12:40 pm »
SystemHealth behavior with the red [ ? ] alarm after HW changes and messages in Hardware tab are the same using 15.09

If you used the Vehicle Wizard your issue will be solved in a few minutes, that the preferred method when you want to setup a board quickly.

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2016, 04:08:03 am »
Indeed Vehicle Wizard would have solved my problem in a blink of an eye, I wouldnt even see this problem I had!

Big thanks anyway, I learned a lot today.  ;)