QAV Jim

How to Connect FrSky XSR to CC3D
« on: October 06, 2016, 07:20:58 am »
Hi.  Just purchased an FrSky x9d plus and an xsr rx.  I have questions.  I appreciate any assistance.

How does the xsr connect to the cc3d fc using sbus? 
How is telemetry connected?

Thanks.

Jim

Mateusz

Re: How to Connect FrSky XSR to CC3D
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 07:33:27 am »
Hi Jim,
How does the xsr connect to the cc3d fc using sbus? 

Yes, please have a look at wiki SBus on Mainport
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/CC+Hardware+Configuration

How is telemetry connected?

Depends what telemetry from where to where. If you mean FC telemetry to FrSky Receiver, it is not connected. FrSky uses it's own protocol and LibrePIlot uses UAVTalk, they're completly different communication styles. Feature of sending telemetry to FrSky receiver is work in progress. At this moment you can use FrSky Sensors and connect them to receiver if you want for example status of your battery. Also you can't send FrSky telemetry to FC yet.

What most people do is displaying telemetry on OSD.

QAV Jim

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 06:02:59 pm »
I was hoping I'd be able to use the receiver to get voltage and RSSI telemetry.  I'm glad I will not be spending time trying to figure out why I can't get it to work.  Thanks for the info.

As for the receiver to cc3d connections, I read over the info contained in the link you provided.   Since I'm new at building quads, I'm not sure I fully understand.

Here's what I understand:

The ESCs still connect to the pins as they did before (was already running it with a regular receiver using PWM).  The ESC leads provide power to the cc3d.

Use the cc3d main port to connect the receiver and use only the + and -  and sbus lead wires from both the receiver and cc3d.  If this is correct, then there will be unused lead wires from both the cc3d and receiver?

Once connections are made, I need to go back to the setup wizard and change the input from PWM to sbus?

Is my understanding correct?

Jim
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 07:26:02 pm by QAV Jim »

troll

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 09:25:14 pm »
Depends what telemetry from where to where. If you mean FC telemetry to FrSky Receiver, it is not connected. FrSky uses it's own protocol and LibrePIlot uses UAVTalk, they're completly different communication styles. Feature of sending telemetry to FrSky receiver is work in progress.

It would be great to continue work. I think it is great feature - to support S.Port in LibrePilot :-)
Thanks!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 01:11:18 am »
#1: Yes, as always, no changes for Esc wiring and how is powered the board.

#2: Take a look at link posted above, you will find this wiring example for SBus:

SBus use the MainPort

#3: Yes, select SBus if you want to use SBus

QAV Jim

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 04:33:54 am »

#2: Take a look at link posted above, you will find this wiring example for SBus:

SBus use the MainPort

Ok, so from the CC3D main port there are 4 wires:  The wire 2nd from the right is blue and will not be used. 

The XSR has 5 wires coming out of it, I use the + and - and the SBUS.  That leaves the CPPM and S Port unused. 

Do I have it?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 07:16:15 am »
Yes, because the board do not support S.Port telemetry currently. that a work in progress.
If you use S.Bus, you should not use CPPM at same time.

QAV Jim

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 07:40:38 am »
Thanks so much.  Happy flying.

Jim

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 03:09:43 am »
A quick "heads up".

Seems some people (including myself) are having trouble getting r-xsr receivers to actually send information to flight cotrollers.

The Receiver binds OK, but no signal gets processed.

The issue is in the connectors and pin-out, basically S-port and S-bus are getting mixed around.  This video explains.

theothercliff modified the link to use youtube.com so it would work in the forum

Jim. 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 07:09:37 am by TheOtherCliff »