receiver not getting power yet cc3d is
« on: October 04, 2016, 06:48:17 pm »
hi i have a Chinese QAV 250 frame with standard 12a esc's with bec's in them as well as your usual cc3d with up to date software my problem is i can plug the receiver directly into any esc and get power and light and spool that individual motor but when i plug them into my cc3d the board gets power and light my motor beeps the rx is not getting power its clear to see the esc's bec's are okay but the cc3d wont share any juice with my rx please help

Re: receiver not getting power yet cc3d is
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 07:42:44 pm »
i tested my esc leads there pushing 5v to cc3d but on my receiver port im getting less than a volt. any ideas?

hwh

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 02:16:09 am »
You've already troubleshot it, replace or repair the defective cc3d.

If by "usual" cc3d you mean the standard design shown on the left in

then all the 5v pins on all the connectors are hardwired together.  If you put voltage in on one and don't get it out on all the others there's either a bad connection or broken trace.  Or maybe a bent over pin on the receiver connector?

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 03:47:46 am »
i made a cheater cable and plugged into one esc lead with a 1 female to 2 male splitter one male cut the signal lead then plugged one male into the cc3d in the escs usual place while the other went to my rx via the bind plug to provide power, it seems to be working well i believe my cc3d did indeed burn out the power output to my rx cause where the red + cable plugs the board is slightly burnt right there

any further suggestions?

hwh

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 09:21:27 pm »
There are no components involved, just the connectors and pcb traces so it must be a bad connection somewhere on the cc3d.  If you know anyone who knows how to solder they could probably fix it.

Your solution of a "Y" cable should work.  Or you could get power from one of the unused servo connectors.  They're all connected together.

If you want it neater looking you could replace the cc3d.  The last ones I purchased on one of the Chinese sites were only $8 including shipping.  Even normally they're only $15 or so.