Misterious behaviour of MinimOSD Micro
« on: September 20, 2016, 11:54:54 am »
Hi there!
I have a micro MinimOSD that does not respond to any TX/RX. It says "Waiting for MAVLink", even though my Ardupilot APM is sending out MAVLink packets in the serial connection.
I tried to reflash it (It is currently Ardupilot v2.0), but the bootloader does not respond. (Yes, DTR is connected to my original FTDI adapter, and it resets everytime i try to flash it)

At first I thought i accidentally grilled it, so I bought another one from ebay. But the new one is acting completely the same.
I uploaded a Video of a test-setup without APM trying to read the config:

Did I just hit two broken OSD's or am I doing something wrong?
I suppose it isn't able to communicate via TX/RX...
I know the possibility to flash it via the tiiiiny ISP pads. I dont think I would manage to solder them, anyway.

Does someone have any Ideas on that?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:51:04 pm by hwh »

Jhinta

Re: Misterious behaviour of MinimOSD Micro
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 02:20:23 pm »
Nervemind dient fully Read you info

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D855 met Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 02:21:38 pm »
I tried. But i can not flash it because it fails to communicate.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 07:44:47 pm »
Hi,

Your OSD is flashed with stock APM firmware so only reconizes Mavlink protocol.
Maybe you can use the 16.09-RC1 and set the output port to Mavlink protocol ?

You can also flash the MWOSD on it and use the MSP output, again with 16.09-RC1.

Or use the compatible firmware from here:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/MinOPOSD+setup

If you resolve the flashing issue, of course.

chromvis

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 11:24:48 pm »
You probably need to reset EEPROM. MinopOSD software is old and do not have EEPROM reset function. I downloaded MinimOSD-Extra config tool or you can find v.826 (it is even later) and has EEPROM reset function in Options menu. After EEPROM reset, close config tool and open MinOPOSD config tool. It will not recognize the board and automatically go to EEPROM reset. After that you need to flush firmware and install charset.
I tested this procedure on at least 6 different minim OSD boards (regular, micro, and KV-modified) - it worked on all of them.

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 10:48:47 am »
Your OSD is flashed with stock APM firmware so only reconizes Mavlink protocol.
Maybe you can use the 16.09-RC1 and set the output port to Mavlink protocol ?

The APM is actually giving out MAVLink packets, so i dont think this will do it...

You probably need to reset EEPROM. MinopOSD software is old and do not have EEPROM reset function. I downloaded MinimOSD-Extra config tool or you can find v.826 (it is even later) and has EEPROM reset function in Options menu. After EEPROM reset, close config tool and open MinOPOSD config tool. It will not recognize the board and automatically go to EEPROM reset. After that you need to flush firmware and install charset.

I cant get the config tool to communicate with the OSD, so i cant reset EEPROM... I think there is no other possibility than reflash it using the tiny ISP pads. Or i will just buy it where they sell normal, working OSD's  >:(

Some suggestion? Banggood, Hobbyking, others?