QAV Jim

Re: Help, with Wobble and Uncontrolled Pitching
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2016, 11:18:13 pm »
Found it.  Done.  Batteries are charging.  Let's see what happens.  Thanks.

QAV Jim

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 01:02:27 am »
Put in the -10.  It hovers better.  The wind had picked, though, so it was hard to gauge what improvements were gained, if any.  I kind of liked it when it was off 10 degrees because it was easier to keep it in forward motion without having to feed in some much forward input from the transmitter stick.  Either way, it still pitches up but not as bad. 

One notable thing, in the wind, it oscillated.  I haven't had oscillation issues until flying today in the wind.

I'll keep working on the PID.  That's got to be where the issue lies.  It looks like what I need to do is borrow a laptop, take it to the park, and start from scratch, get it to oscillate in no wind, and then use the PID calculator.

I didn't know about PID adjustments until after I made the purchase, had I known...nah, I still would have made the purchase.

Any additional direction to resolve the issue is appreciated.

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2016, 08:50:51 pm »
Old thread, but this may help someone.

When you are flying forward and decide to slow down but it "Pops a wheelie", that is caused by PIDs being too low.  The "I" term on roll and pitch in particular.

You should never use your transmitter trims.  Ever.  It is OK if you must, but put them back to ZERO and fix what is wrong.  If Attitude mode drifts, you need to adjust GCS->Configuration->Attitude->Settings->RotateVirtual

RotateVirtual:
  if it is drifting forward you subtract from pitch
  if it is drifting left you subtract from roll
  etc

If your FC is not mounted in the same plane as your props (commonly called race mount motors) then you must adjust RotateVirtual as above.  If the motors are tilted 10 degrees forward then it is drifting forward very fast and you start by subtracting 10 degrees from pitch.  After this, in a hover, the prop blades will be level and it will not drift, but the main body will be leaning backward 10 degrees.  This is normal.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 08:53:58 pm by TheOtherCliff »

QAV Jim

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2016, 09:20:10 pm »
Old thread, but this may help someone.

When you are flying forward and decide to slow down but it "Pops a wheelie", that is caused by PIDs being too low.  The "I" term on roll and pitch in particular.

It is helpful to the original poster.  Thanks.

Since I last commented on this thread, I purchased a Taranis and used transmitter nobs and Optune to find my current PIDs.  Though it flies better, it's still not right.  It will still "pop the wheelie" but is more predictable and less aggressive when it does it.

I'm at work and would like to post my current PIDS and a short video and get suggestions on where I need to go when I get time.  Life is crazy busy right now.

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2016, 03:42:10 am »
EzTune / OpTune is currently the best way to tune CC3D, but pop a wheelie sounds like you could just assume a bit bigger UOV and use those numbers, or just increase the pitch and roll "I" term till it is better or oscillates a little.

QAV Jim

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2016, 04:00:35 am »
Attached are my current PIDs