Transmitter Setup Wizard won't recognize roll
« on: October 19, 2016, 02:32:56 am »
Hello. I am brand new to this, my only previous experience is with a Nano QX. I have my quad built and everything seems to be working fine until I get to the transmitter setup. I am using a DX5e transmitter and a cheap DMS2 6 channel receiver in PWM mode. It recognizes the throttle fine, but when it goes to roll it does not recognize anything. I have double checked the wiring from my Revo to the receiver and it is correct. Any suggestions?

Re: Transmitter Setup Wizard won't recognize roll
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 03:15:57 am »
My first guess is bad wiring of some sort.

If your transmitter had programable channels, id suggest switching the 'broken' stick to a different channel (maybe channel 6 instead of 2). However, from a quick look, i dont believe your transmitter has that option.

Because of what the setup wizard does, the order that you attach the wires to channels doesnt matter.  I would first try moving all the wires around to different channels on the reviever to try to find where the problem is.

For example, remove channel 1's wire and move each of the other wire up one channel, then place the removed wire in channel 5.

Now that each channel on the reciever has a 'new' wire on it, rerun the wizard.  If a new stick refuses to register, there is likely a wire issue from the reciever to the flight controller. If the same stick still will not register, it points to a transmitter/reciever issue. Maybe the channel on the reciever is broken. Maybe the transmitter isnt sending the stick movement.

Or, moving the wires fixed a loose connection and all is now well ;)

Re: Transmitter Setup Wizard won't recognize roll
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 03:49:43 am »
Sounds like your roll signal wire from RX to FC is broken.

Or if roll is your second channel it might be that the FC is set to PPM mode and so it is only seeing one channel.  Make sure the FC is set to PWM mode and all your receiver channels are individually connected to the FC.