ggrif

This is not a complaint or request for help, just an observation/FYI.

I never had much luck with the public release of LP 15.09 and 6 flight mode setup on my Taranis Plus.  The Wizard simply would not accurately recognize the Logical switches I had set up in the Taranis. Sometimes I would finish the wizard with 1 flight mode, or 3 or 5 but rarely all 6.  Most were mapped to the wrong switch or no switch at all.  I eventually figured out that manually setting up the radio was not hard and, more importantly, it fixed the problem, got my 6 flight modes every time  :D

I recently began playing around with some of the Next releases, most recently, r957 and noticed the same issue carries over. Again, easily fixed by manual calibration.

I'm sure the Dev's have more important things to work on and I guess most have figured this out on their own and what the work around is.  Anyway, FWIW.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Are you talking about the wizard detects how many flight modes position you have ?
If yes, the 15.09 should not have any issues because do not implement this feature...

I recently used the Tx Wizard almost 50 times without flightmode position number issue.
You should setup the transmitter correctly and set a correct spacing between flightmodes positions.
What values in µs do you have for every flightmode switch position ?

I found my flight switch was my error, not putting it in neutral position when the wizard told me to, once I read that, it worked everytime.

Ben

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Strange...
The flightMode position when wizard ask for neutral position should doesn't matter because always adjusted to middle, same for Throttle neutral is also set to 4% of range.

https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot/src/226f8c4c3d75cc7689a1534efbafa8792740461f/ground/gcs/src/plugins/config/configinputwidget.cpp?at=next&fileviewer=file-view-default#configinputwidget.cpp-2016

ggrif

Are you talking about the wizard detects how many flight modes position you have ?
If yes, the 15.09 should not have any issues because do not implement this feature...

I recently used the Tx Wizard almost 50 times without flightmode position number issue.
You should setup the transmitter correctly and set a correct spacing between flightmodes positions.
What values in µs do you have for every flightmode switch position ?

Sorry, I don't understand "do not implement this feature"...do you mean it's not possible to setup multiple flight modes - I don't think that is what you meant.

I will attach screenshots of my logical switches and mixes, worked fine in old OP GCS and fine in LP 15.09 but only if setup manually.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
the 15.09 do not implement this feature that auto-detect the number of flightmodes you have in "move to extend" page and set the flightmode number to 2, 3 or 6 according to flightmode positions found during wizard.

With all versions you can have the flightmode num you want, up to 6.

but only if setup manually.

What do you mean with "setup manually" ?

ggrif

What do you mean with "setup manually" ?

On the RC input page, start manual calibration.
Once I finish Wizard and have changed number of flight modes on Flight Mode Switch Settings tab I go to RC Input and click on "Start Manual Calibration".
OK, I understand.  I am very familiar with moving to the "Flight Mode Switch Settings" page and manually changing to the desired number of modes. Done it many times.  I've no idea why I can't get it to work anymore.  I've tried on Mac and Win10.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 05:25:32 pm by f5soh »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
If you move the flight mode switch in all 6 positions on the "move to extend" page, min/max values on flightmode channel are set at wizard end.
No need to redo a manual calibration at this point.

ggrif

What I'm saying is when I perform the control moves, including the flight mode switch, in the extend page as you state, at best I get 3 flight modes on one switch.  When I move to the Flight Mode Switch Settings tab, change Flight Mode Count from 3 to six, Save,
Switch SG changes from Pos1, Pos2, Pos3 to Pos1, Pos4, Pos6, Switch SE activates Pos6 only and Switch SF activates Pos 6.  The only way I can achieve 6 flight modes is to manually calibrate.

I have run the wizards at least 50 times on 4 different frames (2 Revo, Nano, Falcon) in the past several months and the only way I get more then 3 flight modes is by manual cal.

I guess I'm the only person having this trouble, just my luck.

Thank you for your posts, always appreciate your quick and friendly help.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
When the wizard ask you to move the FlightMode switch he do not know how you setup the flightmode channel in your radio, this assumes you move the flightmode switch and his combinations that give the min value (around 990) and the max value around (around 2022).
While on Tx Wizard if you miss some values (or at least a right min or max value) the flightmode min/max are not complete.

Double check what switch positions give min (990) and max (2022) values.
For some reason in your setup you are using 3 different switches
For Max seems you need SF down
For Min seems you need SG up and SE up + SF up

While you setup a "6 positions" flightmode in your taranis you only need a 3pos switch + at least 2 pos switch.

ggrif

I use 3 switches only because that's how I learned to setup 6 FM back in the OP days.  It works for me, its how I set up every frame.

Last time I checked 3+2 = 5, how do you get 6 FM from 5 positions?

My Taranis programming skills are non-existent at the moment, I can only follow directions.  Eventually I hope to learn more about this.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Not 3 + 2  but 3 x 2 = 6

Simply using SG at right hand (3pos) and  SA with 2 pos used

ggrif

OK, thanks.

Do mixes change?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Mixes should be ok.

You can simply adjust a little for perfect centering but change nothing at result.
If you want to do the change, replace the absolute values 20 to 17 and 60 to 50, this mean -20 to -17 and 20 to 17

ggrif

OK, will try this when home again.

Thanks