CC3D Spektrum diversity satellite TX Wizard
« on: August 08, 2016, 09:09:14 pm »
Hello,
I need some help please....
I have bound my SPK diversity satellite successfully, however after finishing the set and when I get to the TX wizard, I am not able to configure my radio DX8. No matter what I do, it looks like Librepilot doesn't recognize the TX. Very frustrating...
Any advise is more than welcome.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 09:38:09 pm by Carlos13 »

Re: CC3D Spektrum diversity satellite TX Wizard
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 03:22:58 am »

Disclamer: I don't use a Spektrum radio

The RX is bound. But did you set up all the channels in the radio first? Did you forget to plug the battery in during TX. Wizard. Happens more than you think. The cc3d won't power the RX with just a USB. It needs the battery. 

Is your radio and wizard the same stick layout? Both Mode1 or mode2 ?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 03:37:18 am by NicholasDavid »
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 04:30:24 am »
Thanks for your reply.
I did all the procedures you mentioned. Is when i get to follow the stick movements in the Wizard that nothing happens... Not too sure if you can see what I mean.
I have tried everything.Not too sure what else to do...

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 12:18:37 pm »
Maybe you can find some info here:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Setup+a+Spektrum+Satellite

Is the Sat wired correctly ? Powered using 3.3V ?

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 01:56:36 pm »
Yes, it is wired correctly. I plugged it into the flexi port for DSM. It powers OK. This is a Spektrum diversity satellite with an auto bind feature, so there's no need to bind trough Libre Pilot. Thanks f5soh.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 02:34:02 pm »
Is powered using 3.3V ?

Post some pictures please

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 02:44:55 pm »
Is powered using 3.3V ?

Post some pictures please

Yes it is. I will post some pics and a video tonight if I can take some screen shots. Anyways, this is the FC. it's a CC3D. Just the aluminum cover is from Sky-Hero

The pic is just a ramdon set up from the web. Just to show the FC and the DSM port

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 04:19:49 pm »
This pic show a SBus receiver, not DSM

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 04:28:41 pm »
This pic show a SBus receiver, not DSM

Mine has a satellite RX plugged on the DSM connector(on the top side of the pic you will the DSM port), this is just to show you the FC (random pic from the web).
I will post my actual set up later tonight. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 04:39:05 pm by Carlos13 »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 04:39:35 pm »
Original CC3D do not have DSM port.

DSM spektrum can be connected to MainPort or FlexiPort, no idea how the DSM port is wired in your custom CC3D..

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 04:46:23 pm »
Original CC3D do not have DSM port.

DSM spektrum can be connected to MainPort or FlexiPort, no idea how the DSM port is wired in your custom CC3D..

It is made by Sky Hero for the Anakin Club Racer. I am positive that the voltage supplied on that port is is 3.3

hwh

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 05:29:09 pm »
...It is made by Sky Hero for the Anakin Club Racer. I am positive that the voltage supplied on that port is is 3.3
Yes, but what is it hooked to inside?  There's no support for a "DSM port" because a cc3d normally doesn't have a DSM port, only the main and flexi ports.  When they added the DSM port they had to wire it to something inside the board, to work with the standard firmware it would have to be internally hooked to either the main or flexi ports.

Sky Hero seems to not have much documentation available but the ARF version manual http://sky-hero.com/media/downloads/CR_ARF.pdf on page 34 says that some receivers need to have wires moved in the connector to work.

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 05:38:51 pm »
...It is made by Sky Hero for the Anakin Club Racer. I am positive that the voltage supplied on that port is is 3.3
Yes, but what is it hooked to inside?  There's no support for a "DSM port" because a cc3d normally doesn't have a DSM port, only the main and flexi ports.  When they added the DSM port they had to wire it to something inside the board, to work with the standard firmware it would have to be internally hooked to either the main or flexi ports.

Sky Hero seems to not have much documentation available but the ARF version manual http://sky-hero.com/media/downloads/CR_ARF.pdf on page 34 says that some receivers need to have wires moved in the connector to work.

I saw the actual board ant it says flexiport where the DSM is... I saw the manual and follow the instructions on the cable connector switching wires...

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2016, 07:09:25 pm »
If I recall correctly the DSM port is wired to the FlexiPort (might be MainPort) but has 3.3v power instead of 5v.

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2016, 07:11:40 pm »
I think I recall reading somewhere that DSM satellite must be bound when attached to the full DSM receiver, then it can be removed and used separately?