f5soh

• LibrePilot
Here is

zukenj

Laurent,

Like always thanks for your reply.

Is one of the pads a 3.3 v, or is that reference to pin on the chip?

FS-TH9X RC
F450 Clone
Revolution FC
EMAX 2213 935 KV
HK 30A ESC UBEC running BLHeli 14.4
10x4.5 Propellers
DJI Naza clone Ublox M8N GPS

hwh

The pad 3.3 is next to is 3.3 volts.  People often use it to supply power to external sat receivers that need a 3.3 volt power supply.  To go into BL mode just short the two pins.

zukenj

Hwh, you mean to short the 3.3 volts and the other pad?
FS-TH9X RC
F450 Clone
Revolution FC
EMAX 2213 935 KV
10x4.5 Propellers

hwh

Yes, if you want to go into bootloader mode you short the two pins together and then apply power.  After you're done flashing the bootloader you power down and remove the short.

The 3.3 pin is connected to the 3.3 volt supply and the other pin is connected to the BOOT0 pin on the CPU chip.  It's normally pulled low by a resistor which enables normal operation.  Connecting it to 3.3 volts pulls it high and enables the bootloader.

zukenj

I was asking just to be prepared for the worst.

But I followed the wiki to recover and it worked like a charm.

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-UpdateBootloaderandUpdatefirmware

Thanks for all the help to hwh and Laurent.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
FS-TH9X RC
F450 Clone
Revolution FC
EMAX 2213 935 KV
10x4.5 Propellers

Brunosanta

• I understand it all but know nothing
Hello The other cliff, I see you have a very clear idea of the separation hardware software, maybe you could help me as you did many times!

I basically started experiencing a problem with my oplink binding. making the story short. I unbuild the quad, cheked the revo and say that the antenna might have been broken. also I guess I had a PMM cable short on the TX side.
basically I remade it all, tested with the default settings 38.. 0-250 flex ppm also on the revo side set it PPm only, but the board will not bind. after going all around trying many things flashing again etc etc, I might get it binding with the standard channels , but as soon as I wanna change the settings for example to ppm only, channels 40-100 on both RX and TX, binding will either not happen at all or the signal bar will get full and empty full and empty, like fluctuating, not making the binding.
_ question, how can I 100 per cent sure, zero clean delete all infos on my revo ( oplink embed) and oplink  T, to make sure I exclude a sofware problem?
_ How can I identify through the LIbre Pilot CGS which of the sides is failing on the binding process?
_ is there a simple way to test if the oplink was damaged by the antenna rupture? I mean could you point out some components I could test?

Thanks a lot
Everybody is only optimistic on the social networks.. being real is hard nowadays

Updated May 28:

Repeated from first post.  (Linux) Add TauLabs or dRonin udev rules to allow unprivileged users to access the new Sparky2 USB ID.  First post will have a bu_sparky2.opfw attached.  Flash this (and run it a few seconds) with your new version LP next or release GCS just before you start using the new version LP code.

The latest Sparky2 code has been changed to have a bootloader that is compatible with the TauLabs bootloader that comes on new Sparky2 boards.  This Sparky2 code already merged into next.  This means that you do not need to do SBL procedure to get a new Sparky2 board working with LP code.  Once this new code is released, you will just flash the LP bootloader updater (bu_sparky2.opfw) using the rescue function of the LP GCS.  It is important to run the BU for a few seconds after flashing (just press Boot).  After that, use the rescue function of the LP GCS to flash the normal firmware (fw_sparky2.opfw).

For those who already flashed the old, incompatible BL onto their Sparky2 boards, there is a way to avoid doing the SBL procedure again.  Don't do this until you have access to the new GCS and firmware.
Do this to avoid doing SBL again on your Sparky2:
- You can uninstall old LP GCS, but it is a good idea to export your settings before you upgrade anything.
- Build or download the new LP sparky2 GCS and firmware (in next right now, soon to be released).
- (Linux) Add new udev rules for the new Sparky2 USB ID (old Sparky2 USB ID was same as Revo).
- Disconnect flight battery power and only use USB for this procedure.
- Leave USB unplugged until instructed to plug it in.
- Use the bu_sparky2.opfw that is attached to this post.  It has the new, TL compatible USB IDs.
- Use your new LP GCS.  Go to the Firmware tab and press Rescue, then immediately plug Sparky2 into USB.
- After a few seconds, the Open button will appear.  Press Open, navigate to and select the bu_sparky2.opfw that you downloaded.
- Ignore the warning about board b01 doesn't match firmware 9201
- Press Flash and wait for the erase and flash to complete.
- When flashing is complete, press Boot to boot the BU.  Let it run for 10 seconds.
- Unplug USB from Sparky2.
- Press Rescue again, then immediately plug Sparky2 into USB.
- It should select the correct firmware, or press the Open button, navigate to and select the correct firmware fw_sparky2.opfw
- Press Flash and wait for the erase and flash to complete.
- DONE
- If you can't find fw_sparky2.opfw because you are running the final release, you can do the following:
- Once bu_sparky2.opfw has been flashed and run, you could disconnect USB and then press the Upgrade or Erase-and-Upgrade button (follow the instructions on screen) to install the firmware that comes with the install.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:36:24 am by TheOtherCliff »

@Brunosanta

Sorry for the delay.  I haven't been active in the forum lately.

Oplinks settings are a little confusing.  To start with, you should export your settings from all your devices in case you want to go back or look at the old settings.

I always make sure there is no other Oplink or Revo that is powered on and could be transmitting.  Leave antennas on the devices.  Flash the latest (or at least matching) firmware into all your devices (Oplinks, Revos, Sparky2s).  Plug your GCS Oplink into USB (no other Oplink, etc running) and configure it like you want it (in particular, check mark the Coordinator box and make sure Coordinator ID is zero).  Max power must be higher than zero and baud rate must be at least 57600.  Reboot it and make sure the settings are still there.  Make a screen capture.  Now do the same for the air side (Oplink, Revo, or Sparky2).  Plug it into USB without any other Oplinks running.  Make the settings match the GCS Oplink except that the Coordinator box should be unchecked and you should copy the "Device ID" from the GCS Oplink screen capture into the "air side" "Coordinator ID" box.  Save and reboot the air side board.  Make a screen capture of it too.  Now you should be able to get them to talk without further configuration.  GCS will automatically see the Oplink that is plugged in and when you put a flight battery in the aircraft, the GCS will start receiving telemetry.

If this doesn't fix it, please start a new thread about it.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 06:47:23 am by TheOtherCliff »

To allow access to the new Sparky2 USB ID under Linux you need to add some udev rules.  See update in first post for instructions.

hi everyone, hope my experience will help to smbdy -

I got Revolution board and it was not recognized by PC, blue led blinks each 5 sec, and I hear a sound of new device when it blinks, but nothing happened.
I tried STM32 VCP drivers, flashed different versions of bootloader (5 and 6), flashed in DFU mode with pads soldered - no result. the board flashes, firmware updates, but still not recognized by PC and no COM port assigned.

The chinees seller adviced to flash with previous versions of GCS, suggested to start with OP 13.6, than 14.1 and then 15.5.

I was lucky to find only OP 14.1 version and that helped - flashed, the PC asigned a COM port and than I upgraded to 15.5 LP, all works!.

I suggest to organize a repository with old versions of OP, LP for such cases.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
I suggest to organize a repository with old versions of OP, LP for such cases.

Or simply use the resurrect firmware in first post, a corrupt flash memory should result in a continuous boot/reboot.

Hello,

I am trying to get back to LP from Betaflight on my revolution.
But I am not able to load new new bootloader.

Shorting the SBL pin is no problem, green LED lights.

1) GCS does not recognize the controller.

2) I tried your workflow from "Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015"
Using Ardunio as USB-RS232 converter like in your post.
I get following error in cmd
Code: [Select]
D:\Drohne>stm32flash.exe -w bl_coptercontrol.hex -g 0x0 COM5
stm32flash - http://stm32flash.googlecode.com/

Using Parser : Intel HEX
Serial Config: 57600 8E1
read_byte: No error
Assertion failed: 0, file stm32.c, line 92

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I also tried the .bin file.

3) Tried a workflow with STM loader
http://www.southquay3d.com/index.php?route=news/article&news_id=9
But the STM loader cannot connect the Bootloader
Just an Error
"No response from target, the Boot loader can not be startet.
Please verify the boot configuration and the flash protection status.
Reset DEvice and try again..."

I am really desperate :(

Any ideas?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
With a Revo board you can use dfu directly like described here:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Recover+board+using+DFU

This post is only related to coptercontrol target

« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 08:54:25 pm by f5soh »

With a Revo board you can use dfu directly like described here:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Recover+board+using+DFU

This post is only related to coptercontrol target

THANK you very much, works great.
Now running LP 16.09 RC2    :D