transmitter wizard don't recognise pitch
« on: July 15, 2016, 02:48:17 am »
So basically, I bought the eachine racer 250 BNF version and i bought the Flysky fs-i6 separately. I messed up the receiver when trying to bind it with the radio because im new on racing quads and librepilot so i connected the lipo incorrectly, and the transmitter itself explode and started smoking. So basically i just had to buy a brand new fs-ia6 transmitter now everything is binded correctly and i go throw the vehicle setup wizard without problems, but when I arrive to the transmitter wizard i got stucked in pitch recognition.

I do throttle without broblems, roll without problems and then when the wizard ask me to move the pitch stick, nothing happens. However, If I move yaw, aix 1 or aux 2, it will recognize it. I've tried switching the channels, I created a new model on the transmitter, i tried with both separately and fixed in one block cables adapters. I've been looking for some solution but nothing. I don't know what else to do, any help will be appreciated, thanks.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: transmitter wizard don't recognise pitch
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 08:51:20 am »
Hi, welcome.

Go to the System tab > UAVOBrowser and search for ReceiverActivity in Data side.
Try monitoring / debug the receiver activity moving one stick/switch at once.

Sometimes there is a channel with too much jitter and wrongly detected.
You can manually populate the Input tab from the channel you see in receiver activity for every stick.

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 03:28:11 pm »
Hi, welcome.

Go to the System tab > UAVOBrowser and search for ReceiverActivity in Data side.
Try monitoring / debug the receiver activity moving one stick/switch at once.

Sometimes there is a channel with too much jitter and wrongly detected.
You can manually populate the Input tab from the channel you see in receiver activity for every stick.

So aparently, Librepilot recognize my throttle and pitch sticks both as channel 3, thats why when the software ask me to move the pitch it does not recognize the channel because is the same as throttle.

So, it should be:
Throttle: ch3
Yaw: ch4
Pitch: ch2
Roll: ch1
SWC: ch5
SWD: ch6

and Libre pilot recognize it as:

Throttle: ch3
Yaw: ch4
Pitch: ch3
Roll: ch2
SWC: ch5
SWD: ch6

I Need to swap roll stick from ch2 to ch1 and pitch stick from ch3 to ch2 but when i try to change it in the active channel tab in receiver activity it wont change. Do I have to swap any cable in my receptor? a lot of property options in system tab are flashing red, and when i move my stick i have red square no active group and active channel too, not green as image by f5soh user.

So what should I do next? sorry for my beginner level and thanks to f5soh

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 03:41:32 pm »
Disconnect the throttle wire and see what happens with Pitch

Monitor outputs in your radio and see if there some mixing to remove.
Inspect board if any short somewhere.

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 03:55:27 pm »
Disconnect the throttle wire and see what happens with Pitch

Monitor outputs in your radio and see if there some mixing to remove.
Inspect board if any short somewhere.
I did factory reset to my radio and created a new model for the quad, everything is as default.

My throttle signal wire is the one that comes with power which is in channel 3 on the receiver, if i disconnect that i have no power. Should I unplug the signal wire from the throttle connector and power the receiver through bind channel? so I have only the signal wire on every channel and the power supply on bind channel

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 04:00:07 pm »
the connector order is not important, you can connect the 3 wires connector to the SWC output if you want

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 04:32:53 pm »
the connector order is not important, you can connect the 3 wires connector to the SWC output if you want
I connected the 3 wires to channel 6 and now in Librepilot-> System tab-> Data Objects-> System-> Receiver-> active channel-> throttle and pitch are both channel 6, any idea?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:16:59 pm by colorao »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 05:54:00 pm »
Maybe a radio / settings issue.
Double check the outputs levels in your radio screen.

Radio do no need any mixing feature, no heli profile.
Just basic aircraft profile without any mixer.

I connected the 3 wires to channel 6 and now in Librepilot-> System tab-> Data Objects-> System-> Receiver-> active channel-> throttle and pitch are both channel 6, any idea?

This is confusing... don't know what do you mean.
channel6 in LP refers to the last wire in receiver connector
channel1 in LP refers to the first wire, generally connected with two others wires for power.

Connect only the connector with 3 wires at once and check every output in your receiver.
Double check every output only react with only one stick.
If you have a servo you can do the same to check your receiver.

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 09:34:25 pm »
Maybe a radio / settings issue.
Double check the outputs levels in your radio screen.

Radio do no need any mixing feature, no heli profile.
Just basic aircraft profile without any mixer.

This is confusing... don't know what do you mean.
channel6 in LP refers to the last wire in receiver connector
channel1 in LP refers to the first wire, generally connected with two others wires for power.

Connect only the connector with 3 wires at once and check every output in your receiver.
If you have a servo you can do the same to check your receiver.

Sorry but because im new in the hobby a have no servos at all :(
basically this is the issue with channels:

this is a video of mu transmitter settings (All by default) i only changed the aux channels to swc and swd:

Here are some wiring photos:
The receptor:

the mainport colorcode order on FC:

I've been trying manual calibration but it's a mess because throttle stick and pitch stick both move the same channel: throttle bar (ch3)

HELP! ;(

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 09:44:16 pm by colorao »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 09:59:32 pm »
If you don't have any servo around, try like that:

This connector with the white wire should give you activity in input1.

If all is ok and every stick function is separate from other:
Maybe the input3 (the first yellow wire) has issues from board side, you and keep this input away and use the last (input6 - black) instead.

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 11:17:09 pm »
If you don't have any servo around, try like that:

This connector with the white wire should give you activity in input1.

If all is ok and every stick function is separate from other:
Maybe the input3 (the first yellow wire) has issues from board side, you and keep this input away and use the last (input6 - black) instead.

I've been plugging the connector with 3 wires to every receiver output separately and here is what I have just checked:

In channel 1 reacts to roll stick, debugging says PWM channel 1
In channel 2 reacts to throttle and pitch sticks, but only detect throttle when I push the stick more than 50%, debugging says PWM channel 1
In channel 3 exactly the same as channel 2
In channel 4 reacts to yaw stick, debugging is the same
In channel 5 reacts to flight mode stick, debugging is the same
In channel 6 reacts to switch D, which is supposed to be used for turn on/off led lights.

I have seen that this is how it's supposed to be according to my transmitter mode setup:

So what should I do now? is it possible that because the transmitter maybe have old firmware and the receiver is newer there is not good communication?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 11:40:12 pm by colorao »

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 11:22:02 pm »
I have to say that I have the usb adapter for simulators, and works perfectly well on FPV Freerider, just plug and play and some trimming.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 01:26:24 am »
So that's clearly a radio or receiver issue, you got exactly the same result like at start while calibrating.

Throttle and Pitch mixed for some reason.

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2016, 03:57:37 am »
So that's clearly a radio or receiver issue, you got exactly the same result like at start while calibrating.

Throttle and Pitch mixed for some reason.
And what should I do? buying a new receiver? a new transmitter? both new? i've been trying to figure out how to upgrade my transmitter firmware without success.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 04:04:07 pm by colorao »

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2016, 12:08:01 am »
Got new receptor, problem solved.