Add LibrePilot MinGW repository
« on: June 29, 2016, 12:32:57 am »
Hi All.

Please can anyone post a line by line action to add the Libre
Pilot repository to MinGW. I wish to try and add an external compass and I think I have understood all the action except this one!

Lyn.

Re: Add LibrePilot MinGW repository
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 08:25:02 am »
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I saw this on the relevant page in the link however, it may be trivial, but exactly what do I enter after $ in minGW to allow this to happen. I have also tried the "clone git https://bitbucket" command line as shown in the tutorial but this fails to be reconised by the command line!

Thanks

Lyn.

filnet

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 08:30:13 am »
With your favorite file editor open the file <msys2 install dir>/etc/pacman.conf and add the 3 lines at the end of that file.

Save file.

From a fresh MSYS shell, run the command "pacman -Sy".
It should now list the librepilot repo:

$ pacman -Sy
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 mingw32 is up to date
 mingw64 is up to date
 msys is up to date
 librepilot-mingw is up to date

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 08:38:01 am by filnet »

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 07:08:53 pm »
Ah. Now it becomes clear :)

Cheers

lyn.

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 09:45:54 am »
Hi all.
Still struggling with this. I am, I think, nearly there however I am getting an error on "make".
I have successfully installed the commands -"S --needed and all the commands like "toolchain, ccache, sdl, mesa" etc. But when I enter "$ mingw32-make all_sdk_install" I get the output "command not found"
Again any help would be appreciated please.

Lyn.

chromvis

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 03:53:32 pm »
I got the same when I start wrong shell. E.g. Msys2 instead of MinGW-w64, or if you have 32 bit Win - MinGW-w32.

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 07:43:23 pm »
Thanks for the reply. But this what I input and what I get returned!

MINGW32 ~/librepilot
$ mingw32-make package
-bash: mingw32-make: command not found

Lyn

hwh

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 08:42:11 pm »
If the command isn't found then you probably missed or mistyped something installing the development environment.

Your best bet would be to delete the installation and do it again.  I always suggest (and do myself) cut and pasting each line of commands one by one since it's hard to type long (240 characters in one case) commands without any typos.

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 12:04:28 am »
Thanks I will do that.
I can imagine how easy it would be to miss something.
However I know only too well the risk of typo's so I can confirm I copied and pasted the installation I am failing with :-\

Lyn 

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 02:09:29 am »
As hwh suggested I built "next" from scratch. I am pleased with the result  ;D. I now have ext. mag working on the bench! The only small issue I am hoping someone will kindly advise on is, during the downloads minGW failed to find the "gdal - minimal" code.  :-\ I installed and compiled without it, just to " see what happens". As I said above I am pleased with the result except the GCS now has no PDF option! I am assuming this is because "gdal - minimal" failed to be downloaded and install. If anyone can advise a "work around" it would be very helpful, As PFD is important for me.

Cheers Lyn.