Revo replacement cable
« on: June 28, 2016, 09:48:59 pm »
So while making some adjustments to my quad, I have managed to sever one of the cables on the main wiring loom that connects the Revolution to the reciever, rendering the loom useless.

Has anyone found anywhere to buy a replacement, or will I need to buy the components and make one myself?

Thanks in advance

Re: Revo replacement cable
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 08:15:22 am »
If the white plastic header is still OK, you may be able to replace the pins and wires with pins and wires from this CC3D cable.  Be very careful as you lift each tiny flap up to only lift it barely high enough to slide the pin out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CC3D-Flight-Controller-8-Pin-Connection-Wire-Receiver-Cable-Plug-for-OpenPilot-/262412379846

Mateusz

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 08:35:32 am »
What you want is JST SH (1.0 pitch) cable with 8 pin. If you search ebay for JST SH 1.0 8pin you will find dozen of offers with pre-crimped cables.
I usually buy 4pin sets. However what Cliff pasted looks as a complete cable even with servo plugs and is way cheaper than a set of 10 :)

I really like those pre-crimped sets, because then I can decide how long should the cable be or remove unnecessary cables I don't use from the plug. And if I break it, while removing, then I have still donzes of extra cables :)

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 01:55:20 pm »
If you need a receiver cable for a normal sized Revo, the connector is 10 pins, not 8 pins.

Revo mini has 8 pins.

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 05:14:11 pm »
Thanks all - all sorted.

For those in the UK, Rapid Electronics is a good place to buy cable/socket replacements like this - they seem to stock all the plugs that are used in the Revo.