Don't need a RX if you use a Satellite RX?
« on: June 24, 2016, 11:41:29 pm »
Hey guys, sorry. I am a little confused. I see people connecting a Spektrum Satellite directly to the cc3d board. Does this mean you do not need to use for example a normal 6ch RX like a AR6210? Or do you still need both the RX and the satellite either way?

hwh

Re: Don't need a RX if you use a Satellite RX?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 11:45:09 pm »
The satellite is all you need. The wiki article https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Setup+a+Spektrum+Satellite tells how to do it.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 11:47:35 pm »
Thanks, I was looking at that. It had me confused. I thought I needed the actual RX on there too... why do I have both on mine? LOL... So how many channels do you have then? Are you just limited to how many channels the radio is?

hwh

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 11:57:40 pm »
Having both should give better range.  The satellite receiver was originally so the main receiver could use whichever signal was stronger, it's own antenna or the satellite.

You should just be limited by the whatever the transmitter can do.  The LP software will read up to 12 channels.

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 09:28:26 pm »
You can extend the range by using a dual diversity Spektrum satellite (SPM4648) or Orange/Lemon similar products. Take care to position the antennas in a convenient location.
Keep in mind that the satellite alone precludes the Rx failsafe use, so you will need to take advantage of the flight controller failsafe.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk