assigning flight mode swithes on DX6I
« on: June 17, 2016, 06:57:21 pm »
I bought a new Spectrum DX6i and using it with my quad. One small problem. I only have one mode.

Can someone tell me how to get LibrePilot and this transmitter to understand a mode? 2.

bigal

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 06:14:13 pm »
As above, I hope this hasn't been asked too many times before but I haven't a clue.  :-\

hwh

Re: assigning flight mode swithes on DX6I
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 07:02:58 pm »
Strangely, someone asked about the same transmitter a couple of days ago but got no answer.  The LP part of it is easy, the wiki page https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Input+Configuration talks about it.

The problem is configuring the DX6I, unless someone here happens to have that particular transmitter they wouldn't know how to configure it.  That type of thing you may have better luck in a forum dedicated to that brand of transmitter.

bigal

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 06:26:56 pm »
ok, thanks. I'll get there.   :-\

ernstock

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 07:48:49 pm »
Hi
Am looking in an 'old'(2014?) dx6i manual.
Presume your tx is mode2 (throttle on left )
Flight mode switch is the smaller switch top left. Might be marked 'gear'.
I don't  see any option to assign different switches to different functions , but a look at the 'monitor' page should show switch working as it were. ( hold roller down , power on tx , scroll down 3 pages to 'monitor'. )
There is a chance that the flight mode switch didn't get recognised in the gcs set up ?
Also believe you should use a acro-model-type rather than heli (?)
As hwh says , the Librepilot but is easy.
(!)

Ps if it helps , and someone can copy this to the other q mentioned above , please do
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 07:55:00 pm by ernstock »

hwh

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 08:15:34 pm »
...Ps if it helps , and someone can copy this to the other q mentioned above , please do
I merged the two topics.

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 11:47:28 pm »
I know this topic is a little older.  But I used this video here to help me setup a mix in my DX6i. This allows me to use two (2 position) switches as if it's a three position.

I used elevator D/R and Flap/Gyro.

In Librepilot
Both up = FM 1
ElevD/R down Flap/Gyro Up= FM 2
Flap Gyro Down (ElevD/R either way) = FM 3

Seems to work well.  Just thing about what flight mode you want to be what as you will need to use two switches.  So if you want to set a panic FM, use FM3 because it doesn't matter what position the other switch is in.

When configuring the transmitter in Librepilot you must flip both switches so that it recognizes three values.

Hope it helps
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 12:12:55 am by scimitar19 »