Mini 180mm Quadcopter
« on: June 14, 2016, 08:48:12 am »
Hi all I'm new here I'm looking for a durable 180 size quad.. I was thinking about buying the  Diatone Tyrant 180 PNP version but after reading some of the feedback's on RcGroups.com it looks like there are a few issues with this quad.
I just want something to fly at my local park or my backyard. not into Fpv racing or anything like that.
Cheers
Adrian 

Re: Mini 180mm Quadcopter
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 08:57:44 am »
My suggestion to newcomers to multirotors is to build their own frame from bits that can be easily found at the local hardare store.
A multirotor is basically just a cross with some bits attached ;)

At least, that's how I got started with multirotors. With some 10x10mm aluminium square tubing and 3mm plywood.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 09:33:09 am »
At least, that's how I got started with multirotors. With some 10x10mm aluminium square tubing and 3mm plywood.

Yes that is true. At least it was so. But now I am looking at frame prices at eBay and I think that it would be more expensive to build your own frame out of wood then to buy one from eBay. :)
If there is an aim to buy a ARF quad of 180 size I would suggest to get one of eachine falcon 185. I'm also thinking about getting one of those. And get FPV one so you can easily get into it - believe me in the near future line of sight flying will become boring for you :)

Regards,
-K

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 10:15:23 am »
Thanks for the reply's guys. I'm new here but not new to quads and tricopters, I have built a few all of them using CC3D boards.
I have looked at the  eachine falcon 185 but don't really like it,I have also looked at Banggood there are so many small frames there now it's kind of hard to pick one   ::)
Thanks again to both of you for your input.
Best
Adrian