Battery buzzer
« on: June 09, 2016, 10:34:02 pm »
Hello all!

I'm not sure where to post this so I hope i'm doing it right :)

Anyway most of us (I think) have the same problem, CC3D with no buzzer output for battery alarming.
The CC3D has an input for voltage and current monitoring, but that is usefull if you have telemetry. I don't have telemetry on my 250 quad
so I made my own Battery Buzzer.
I didn't look on the web if someone else already made one (probably there are alot of them).

It is based on the Arduino microcontroller and it has the function to detect the number of cells of a LiPo battery.
The warning sound treshold and critical sound treshold are pre-programed when compiling. They cannot be changed afterwards.
The default values are 3.8V/cell for warning and 3.7V/cell for critical (we could go little lower).
It also has a delay of 2 seconds (can be changed) before sounding the alarm. This is usefull if your battery dips while rapidly accelerating.

The circuit works on a tiny85 microcontroller, but first I compiled it for a Arduino Nano (works with any 8-bit atmel) so that I could get the resistor divider factor correct (tiny85 does not support Serial.print).
Then I made it for the tiny85.
The circuit is small and light. I don't have any pictures yet.

I want to share this with others, so someone else can use this buzzer any hopefuly make their flying better ;)

I'm not that good of a programmer so excuse me for my programming structure :)
If anyone else has any ideas on how to improve this little project, all comments and suggestions are welcome!

Happy flying :)

hwh

Re: Battery buzzer
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 12:53:59 am »
General is an OK category for most things, this might have fit in the hardware area also.

It's a nice little board.  It would be much smaller than the typical Chinese battery monitor/alarms that monitor each cell but are bigger than the flight controller.  :(

Now you need to find something to do with the three unused pins.  :)  If there's enough code space left you could try to make pretty patterns on ws2811 led modules.

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 09:34:28 am »
Hehe yes everything is possible... The program takes up 40% of the memory. So yes 3 pin and 4910 bytes left :)

P.S. why can't i upload pictures? two pictures 3Mb big, JPG extension?

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 12:28:44 pm »
Ok resized the photos :)