chromvis

Revo-OPlink control arming issue
« on: June 08, 2016, 02:47:06 am »
I made OPLink-Bluetooth attachment to RadioLink transmitter to control NightHawk-200 with Revo quad. BT transmit telemetry to GS and it shows all green on Flight Data screen. I calibrated transmitter and Quad. Only it did not arm!! Even if I set Always Armed - no reaction. I am using r1039 GS build (with autotune from TheOtherCliff) and I was able to tune this system with same setup but with FlySky transmitter. I only switch to RadioLink and did radio calibration. On Config tab in Input section all sliders react properly on sticks movement. Arming set on Yaw right.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Solved. It's me being stupid. After changing transmitter I had to do manual input calibration, with throttle being reversed it had median set to 1050, which is actually almost max value. So, arming actually worked, there were simply no reaction from motors because of wrong median setup.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 04:12:20 am by chromvis »

Tomcatt

Re: Revo-OPlink control arming issue
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 04:16:53 pm »
How did you connect the OPLM to power it?  I have the RadioLink AT10.  Did you build a 5V regulator or a direct connection from the battery?

hwh

Re: Revo-OPlink control arming issue
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 04:38:45 pm »
It's always safe to use a 5v regulator to power it.  It's sometimes safe to connect it to the battery. It depends not only on the battery voltage but on which regulator the manufacturer used and the voltage rating of the capacitors.  This varies greatly on the clone oplinks and the rating isn't marked on the capacitors.   Also, if you add a bluetooth module it may not be able to take the higher battery voltage.